Your coolest hitch hiker

jaymz

This is a monkey shrimp.. its pretty cool although i rarely see it 2 times a month at the most

This pic is from SWF.com

mkzimms

this 6" long, 1/2" thick medusa worm crawled out of my rock work. i plucked him out and now it lives in my sump.
**im trying to get rid of it if anyone is interested for a trade shoot me a pm. hes totally healthy but i want to put a few crabs i found in my seahorse tank in the sump and don't want them eating this guy.**

snakeblitz33

astrina stars, small snails, sponges, feather duster colonies, oysters, clams, baby brittle stars, porceline (sp?) crabs, mantis shrimp (pain in the butt), various mushrooms, anthelia, a purple montipora digitata (I really love) and a neon green montipora.
I would really like to get an octo :D Maybe a pociliopora or something unique. The gigas clam would have been nice!

wildjosh

Feather Dusters, Sponge, Bristle Star and a Sea Star. i'm not sure what type of seas star its really small and light blue, it came on the back of a margarita snail.

Ive gotten some cool clams on live rock that I have bought. They dont do much, but cool to get for free. Also I bought a piece of lr with some polyps on it, the lfs put it in the bag, I brought it home and noticed that there was a very small blenny, like .5 inches that had been hiding in the rock now in the bag. Very cool.

mr_x

that looks like a Xanthid crab of some sort. you only see those worms because i tossed in a piece of food to bring out the predator worm. what is just out of the picture is a piece of formula 1.

saltfinsax

Ok had to get mine in here. When I first seen him he was a little smaller then a dime and I thought he was a Gorilla . being that his claws looked pointy. Could never catch the little bugger and after a couple molts (beiing that thats all I mostly seen of him), now he is a cool looking crap that just cleans the rocks and is out in the open alot more now that he is about 1" across.

tigerbarb

I didn't get very much live rock, so I don't have any wild hitchikers, but I found these small shrimp in my tank after adding LR, but, sadly, I think they got sucked into the filter intake. When I was about to throw away the bag I got my LR in, I noticed that there was this small piece of something in the bottom right corner, which turned out to be a snail, who is now very interesting to watch.

V

vince-1961

Originally Posted by mkzimms
http:///forum/post/2725850
this 6" long, 1/2" thick medusa worm crawled out of my rock work. i plucked him out and now it lives in my sump.
**im trying to get rid of it if anyone is interested for a trade shoot me a pm. hes totally healthy but i want to put a few crabs i found in my seahorse tank in the sump and don't want them eating this guy.**

I thought that thing was a cucumber. I had something that looked substantially the same (brown blob with spikes, mouth on one end, anus on the other, movement is noticeable but very slow, likes glass, came out of a rock), but I got rid of it b/c I thought it wasd a cucumber.

98lude

i got my purple lobster witth my original batch of live rock. first creature i got an its still alive

joezimm

Here's mine.
Got this guy with a couple blue hermits I purchased for my tank. I asked the guy if he could grab a couple extra shells from the bottom of the tank, and he was hiding in one of them. Very content to pick and clean the rock along with the others.

Also got a piece of large rock from a LFS that came with dozens of tiny bristle stars, nudis, and dusters.

cranberry

Ya, it a Teddy Bear Crab.... Xanthidae.
I changed my mind.... my favourite was the bivalve my tubastrea covered. We had no idea he was there when we bought the coral.
Looking innocent enough......

Wait now... why is the tubastrea talking.....

And it BITES.... I had to leave the rigid tubing in there until it let go later that night.

I got a red hawaiian anemone, a purple lobster, and some random shroom on my lr when i got it. The lobster didnt make it through my cycle though :(
Everything else is doing fine though

anyone know what this shroom is?

R.I.P.

pumper

I got this guy about 8 years back. He was cool when i first found him but he has begun to steal money out of my wallet, caused me to loose my job, lied alot, and makes constant ignorant remarks in public. I know this is not the live selling and trading forum, but I will give him to anyone who will pay shipping.