Your FAVORITE fish...I could pick yours!

S

sarah fair

Ok yall Im going to start cycling my 55 gallon tank this weekend so I want to find some of the TIGHEST fish out there to put in it but I want to have time to find out about them first sooooo what I want yall to do is post a picture of your fav fish (anything from clows, damsels, eels, etc.) and the name of it...
I want to see some cool fish now!!

nanocuber7

well my favorite is the possum wrasse. hes in my avatar. they get about 2 1/2" and are very peaceful. if you go aggressive i would definatley not recomend him. but they are great for reefs and add a lot of color.

i<3fish

I like Tangs. Not for a 55g, but I just like them. For a 55g, I would suggest a puffer. By far the coolest fish. Ask anyone here with a puffer, and they will tell you to get one. HTH

clown123

i have a poofer lol in my 55g and i really dont like him in there anymore even though he was free from a friend! i would get 2blck percs!

rcbruce

MAN I love it when people ASK us to show off our babies! :jumping:
My number 1 choice, my avatar, the Pink-belly Wrasse. (I also have a six line) Why? I dunno, he just is so different I guess, plus, wrasses look like mini torpedoe's going through the water!
Choice number 2, coral beauty, "Mike the Tiger" purple and gold with stripes, LSU's mascot name! :cheer:
Choice 3, three spot goby, "Bob the Builder" so neat to watch him excavate under the rocks.
I've tried different species and sizes, but in my 55 I have 100 lbs. LR arranged with plenty of gaps. All my smaller fish's are very hardy (have to be, only been doing this 7 months) and it is so cool to watch them dart in and out of the reef, plus they just seem.............proportionate......in our size tank!

wax32

Originally Posted by RCBruce
coral beauty, "Mike the Tiger" purple and gold with stripes, LSU's mascot name! :cheer:

We had a bicolor blenny (purple and gold) that died in Katrina that we called Mike for the same reason. Now we have an orangespot blenny and call him Mike too, even though he isn't purple and gold.

jumpfrog

Are you going reef, fowlr or aggressive. That decision needs to be made first.
I too love the fairy wrasses for their beauty and constant swimming. I also like the tomato clowns for their color and personality.

jw23

My favorite fish would have to be the Flame Hawkfish which is going to be my next fish i get

salt phish

my favorite is the sometime agressive but sometime peaceful pink snapper..... must be the best fish in the world, sorry I cant post any pics.
:happyfish

mrdc

I have three favorites...

But I haven't put my other fish on the computer yet ... it's a blue regal tang.

mrdc

Originally Posted by wax32

Is that a two spot hogfish?
And thanks for identifying one of my new shrooms...actinodiscus...$3 for one shroom looks like a good price.

S

sarah fair

What are the pros and cons of Reef, FOWLR, and aggressive? I think all the aggressive fish look really cool but...i just dont want to get bit.. :joy: I hear all these stories and im like uh..haha. but lion fish ya know how they are poisoness or some of them are? Would it hurt us? Like have to go to the hospital if we got stung?

wax32

Originally Posted by mrdc
Is that a two spot hogfish?
And thanks for identifying one of my new shrooms...actinodiscus...$3 for one shroom looks like a good price.
Nope, its common name is the Carnary or Golden Wrasse. The Twospot Hogfish is Bodianus bimaculatus.
I'd pay 3 bucks for a shroom anyday.

amber1983

My favorite fish is the yellow candy hogfish and the maroon clowns.
Here is a pic of the hogfish
http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20050118191234/www.***********.com/images/products/large/p_90079.jpg
Here is mine, but i can never get a good pic of him, he's to fast lol

and here is my baby maroon

alyssia

Originally Posted by mrdc
I have three favorites...

But I haven't put my other fish on the computer yet ... it's a blue regal tang.

Is the first fish a purpleback pseudochromis or and anthias?

N

nereef

Originally Posted by I<3Fish
For a 55g, I would suggest a puffer. By far the coolest fish. Ask anyone here with a puffer, and they will tell you to get one. HTH
i think most people with puffers wouldn't want theirs in a 55.

peter1215

my favorite is my queen angel. she's beautiful and a great personality. I've only had her for a week anmd she eats right from my hands.