ZFA Rainbows.

flricordia

Just took some pics of them. JPC763, I am sure they will need to ship overngiht with a heat back by the time they are ready. 2-3 day on these would not be recommended.
If everyone waited till there were 5 each then the shipping cost would be well worth it and with more zoas there would be faster growth, but that is up to everyone and specifically CFR as he is the moderator on the growout. Doesn't really matter to me though all I have put into them I would hate to see any losses. And I am sure everyone will send me a Christmas card for doing my best with the Nightmares?

spiderwoman

I can't remember if I'm on this group buy, but if I am, I'm opting for letting these grow. As all of us knows, the more there is to start with the faster they multiply.

flricordia

CFR suggested to let them be till spring. I am opting for that too and avoid shipping them in the cold weather. He is the mod on this so we will do that. I think spring is when the planned fragging would take place at the beginning anyway. I should never have jumped in here and suggested shipping them sooner.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2788019
CFR suggested to let them be till spring. I am opting for that too and avoid shipping them in the cold weather. He is the mod on this so we will do that. I think spring is when the planned fragging would take place at the beginning anyway. I should never have jumped in here and suggested shipping them sooner.
my suggestion was to let them stew until next spring. that was approx the time frame that we anticipated. i would feel much more comfortable having these shipped come warmer spring than cooler fall.
another bonus is that at the rate that these things are growing, everyone will be able to obtain a much larger frag. i know that we agreed on 3 polyps each, but if they are growing this quickly, i see no reason to not let them really grow.
of course once the zfa, flric and i take our cuts, others who may want to (and can per the rules) purchase these directly from flric will not have to wait long.

flricordia

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2789664
+1.. Ill have some money buy then. so Mr Mike just save me a 25 polyp frag the way these are growing

OK, lets see. 25 x $30 = kidding. I think by then there will be plenty around. With 10 pple getting them and by spring I predict 10 polyps each give or take if I don't run out of room by then, so they should be pretty common by then. NOT!. These guys will never be common.
Actually I am redoing my tank...AGAIN, so I have more room for new zoas and growth.
Ricordea have first spot and then the zoas, but neither before my anglers.

flricordia

And not sure on the Nightmares. I refragged them into smaller groups and will keep doing so or I will have a heck of a time once shipping time comes around letting them all grow into just a couple colonies. Damage is always done to a few when fragging them into small groups, but they will rebound and grow faster from what I am seeing.
I will start the rainbow fraggin soon. Right now 2 colonies of those with 10+ each.

earnit33

Thanks for the update Mike! I've lost most of the zoas I have and the rest isn't looking good either! came home from work the other week and it was like 95 degrees in the house and the tanks was around 88,my evaporator fan on my central air took a dump,Just about killed me,the heat that is for 4 days before I got it replaced,was putting ice bags in the tanks floating trying to get and keep the temp down,didn't work all that well,but that's Florida, also a clown that I put in my 8 gal. bio cube where the zoa's was, still got the 2 rics from you though!they were in there also.

redman1221

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2804217
And not sure on the Nightmares. I refragged them into smaller groups and will keep doing so or I will have a heck of a time once shipping time comes around letting them all grow into just a couple colonies. Damage is always done to a few when fragging them into small groups, but they will rebound and grow faster from what I am seeing.
I will start the rainbow fraggin soon. Right now 2 colonies of those with 10+ each.
If you have anymore Nightmares to spare I would like to buy some let me know how much for shipping to Palm Bay, FL 32905,let me know here or pm me or you can email me at derrick_gordon2003@yahoo.com thank you.

flricordia

Originally Posted by redman1221
http:///forum/post/2807185
If you have anymore Nightmares to spare I would like to buy some let me know how much for shipping to Palm Bay, FL 32905,let me know here or pm me or you can email me at derrick_gordon2003@yahoo.com thank you.
There should be plenty once everyone in the ZFA gets theirs. Price on them will be much lower then they are right now too. Around spring time they will be sent to the 10 pple that bought into them and hopefully there will be lots more than the initial 3 planned on per person the way they are growing.

flricordia

Originally Posted by earnit33
http:///forum/post/2806782
Thanks for the update Mike! I've lost most of the zoas I have and the rest isn't looking good either! came home from work the other week and it was like 95 degrees in the house and the tanks was around 88,my evaporator fan on my central air took a dump,Just about killed me,the heat that is for 4 days before I got it replaced,was putting ice bags in the tanks floating trying to get and keep the temp down,didn't work all that well,but that's Florida, also a clown that I put in my 8 gal. bio cube where the zoa's was, still got the 2 rics from you though!they were in there also.
That sucks. I had the same thing happen but lucked out catching it in time. Got to 90+. The rics do seem able to handle it better. Again, really sorry it happened.