Zoa Eating NUDI????

meowzer

I couldn't tell much...like I said, it reminded me of a sponge...when I looked into the tank this morning, I saw something pull in..kinda like into a hole in its "head"
A dull orange...maybe 1/2" in size....I think I may have pierced it with the poker...IDK...BUT I also touched it the other day with the poker and obviously it's still alive. That's why I thought it was sponge...the point went right into it, and there was no movement

meowzer

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3185164
O.O
Could it have had 2 small "tentacles"?
%%pulled in pretty quick, and my eyes were not open all the way

it was 6:30 a.m. and I am NOT a morning person

I do think whatever pulled in went into an opening that seemed to close

Do you have any ideas???? I have looked at SOOOOO many pics all morning :(
P.S. is o.o good or bad???

cranberry

Something in the Dermatobranchus family. You can miss the tentacles (rhinophores) easily. I'm trying to find some good pictures, but I'm not finding great pics of them in comparison to what I have seen commonly.
But it doesn't explain the non-reaction to being harpooned.

meowzer

Boy this is gonna be a long day till I get home.....I looked at some derma....at the seaslug forum.....I don't think this thing I have has "ruffles"

cranberry

The one I'm talking about doesn't have any ruffles. It's smooth. I'm not getting any hits on images either. Look up arminid.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3185173
The one I'm talking about doesn't have any ruffles. It's smooth. I'm not getting any hits on images either. Look up arminid.
still looks like a spongey surface to me.....Maybe I'll get lucky and get a good pic of it tonight....

spanko

Can't take a picture of a slug not covered in water and expect a valid ID. Cover that thing so it expands and walks aroung!!!
***walks away, shaking head, mumbling "silly girl"***