so here is what my fish stock looks like

Fish
Snowflake Eel
Humu Picasso Trigger fish
Porcupine Puffer
Bicolor Goat fish
One Spot Fox face
Flame angel

so here is my stock and I was wondering if it would be ok to add a Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish or will it eat my flame angel

flower

And plus if it gets to big I can always give it away to someone
Hi,
I have to chime in here... It takes time for a fish to outgrow the tank. Then when you have to re-home it, that means disturbing everything in the tank to catch the fish. Stressing not only that fish, but every fish in there with it. The rock has been sitting during that time, and moving the rock could release toxins, which in turn would kill all the fish.

If you want a big fish, get a bigger tank. ALWAYUS put a fish in your tank that is able to live in it all of their lives. It may just be a fish tank to you...but to them it's their entire world. Get fish that can fit in your tank as an adult.

dangerfish

Hi,
I have to chime in here... It takes time for a fish to outgrow the tank. Then when you have to re-home it, that means disturbing everything in the tank to catch the fish. Stressing not only that fish, but every fish in there with it. The rock has been sitting during that time, and moving the rock could release toxins, which in turn would kill all the fish.

If you want a big fish, get a bigger tank. ALWAYUS put a fish in your tank that is able to live in it all of their lives. It may just be a fish tank to you...but to them it's their entire world. Get fish that can fit in your tank as an adult.
well in the book it says it needs a 75g or more it is on page 424

flower

well in the book it says it needs a 75g or more it is on page 424
I trust the book, if it says minimum 75g, then your 90g is good. Stuff posted on the internet for fish info, isn't all that reliable. Unless somebody here on the site has had that fish, and knows it needs a 180g... I would stay with what the book says.

My method: If I am not familiar with the fish in question, I rely on the book. Unless somebody has hands on experience with the critter in question, then I listen to them...hands on overrides a book, the book overrides the internet info we can look up. JMO

Kristin1234

What book is this?

I have personally seen the porcuipine puffer get up to 2 ft in length and many at a foot long.

Genuinely curious.

flower

What book is this?

I have personally seen the porcuipine puffer get up to 2 ft in length and many at a foot long.

Genuinely curious.
Hi,
Page 424 in the book says spiny puffer, not a porcupine puffer (Diodon holocanthus) .. but in brackets, it does say porcupineFISH, or balloon porcupinefish. Could it be two different types of puffer perhaps? The book is pretty reliable, but when it comes to hands on experience... I take the word of those who have had the fish.

BLAH... I looked it up online, and it does say 180g minimum, the book is WRONG, all my respect for this book has now hit an all time low. I won't be recommending it again, and any future mentions will always be with a warning to double check everything it says. I'm so disappointed...

The book is Marine Fishes by Scott W Michael (pocket expert guide)

Last edited:

dangerfish

here is what my list looks like so far

Fish
Snowflake Eel
Humu Picasso Triggerfish
Blue Spotted Puffer
Bicolor Goatfish
Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish
One Spot Foxface
Flame angel

invertebrates
Longspine Urchin, Black

Kristin1234

Blue jaw triggers and nigers are very docile.

If you remove your flame you could do both.

I have heard of people having issues with triggers and lions but I didn't have any issues with them nipping the fins. I guess it just depends. The only fish that worries me is your flame. The humu and lion can be very aggresive. Lion will eat anything that will fit into his mouth. If you got a very tiny dwarf lion/trigger and a larger flame, it could work. Just Keep your eye on the situation.

Every situation is different and what may not work for some could work for you.