Does this list look ok for fish ideas

streamer

big time, I went from a 46 gal bow front to a 90 gal to a 125 gal, I wished that I had gone with the big tank from the beginning..90 gal is a good size to have a variety of awesome fish..

streamer

I think that you will be much happier with the 90, I had mine for 4 yrs before I did the last upgrade...I have a 75 mixed and I wish that I had gone bigger..:(

flower

yeah I think this will satisfy my needs except what is a fish that will school and go with my aggresive fish
Hi,

None that I know of. I'm not really familiar with aggressive fish. I like for my fish to all get along, and not eat the CUC, since the CUC is what keeps the tank looking nice. Even non-aggressive schooling fish don't really school in a fish tank, there just isn't enough room like in the ocean. A dwarf angelfish (already on your list) is very active, and will keep the tank looking busy as it swims in and out of the rock work. I can't speak for all...but a tank overcrowded and working alive with fish, just isn't appealing to me... Give me a few active fish and I'm happy.

dangerfish

so my dad says he is not sure if me getting an aggressive tank is the best idea so what do you guys recommend a peaceful tank small reef tank or a aggressive fowlr tank.o_Oo_O:oops::confused::confused:

flower

so my dad says he is not sure if me getting an aggressive tank is the best idea so what do you guys recommend a peaceful tank small reef tank or a aggressive fowlr tank.o_Oo_O:oops::confused::confused:
Hi,

It all depends on your budget and interests. A Saltwater tank is a personal choice. Find the critter that you really, really want...and build your tank around it (consider what that prize critter gets along with, similar water type needs, and so on)

We are here to help you, but the decision on what kind of tank you want is 100% up to you. You are the one who has to care for it, stock it and look at it everyday.

streamer

I have a peaceful tank, agreed, the flame angel will work in either tank...you can also go with a couple of semi-aggressive fish, make a wish list and build your tank around that and remember to add the most aggressive fish last.. my favourites are tangs,..I have 3 in my tank..I believe that the secret is to keep your fish well fed, less aggression..

streamer

just curious, why do you think that aggressive is less expensive. I have never had a predator tank so I am not sure on prices..with a peaceful/community tank you can purchase fish that are very colourful, healthy and very cheap, eg; chromis, small damsel, blue streaked clearner wrasse...just a few examples...

dangerfish

The cleaner wrasse eats parasites off of the other fish, then dies of starvation. Aggressive fish and dusters...it depends on what fish. Some fish eat duster worms and other inverts. You have to research each fish and find out it's needs, and if it will make a good fit in your tank. Get the book I recommended, it will tell you everything about that fish, even the size tank it needs. I'm now able to post a page from that book, thanks to Pegasus!.... So you can see the info the book offers.

View attachment 1603
I finally got the book it seems very good