ATTN: Black Tang Owners!

eaglephot

Black tang owners, I am going to purchase a black tang as soon as I can find one. Please don't say where I can find one as last time someone tried, my thread got locked. I have some questions:
1) How are they in your tank? How big is the tang and tank?
2) How much did you pay? (don't have to answer this if you don't want to)
3) How hardy are they?
4) How well do they acclimate?
5) Can you post pics?
Basically, tell me about your experience with your black tang. I am in love with these fish and won't stop looking for one until I get one or until someone tells me they are the worst fish to get (which I know they are not from research.)

sh2000

I saw one 4 inches for $600. They are easy to take care of from what I heard. this is what they look like.

eaglephot

Yeah. They are really beautiful. They are even better in person. I have seen them at many LFS but in display tanks not for sale. I have three local places on the search for them so I hope to have pics of my black tang in my tank up soon!
Please keep posting pics of your black tangs.

lion_crazz

There was one in an LFS around here for $350.
They are hardy animals because they are apart of the Zebramosa family.

eaglephot

Alrighty. I talked to someone who is looking for a black tang for me yesterday. He told me that he is now able to get it for me. He said he'll have it on Friday (next). I am hoping that he can get it and that it does come on Friday. My fingers are crossed!

anthropo

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
http:///forum/post/2485415
Black tang owners, I am going to purchase a black tang as soon as I can find one. Please don't say where I can find one as last time someone tried, my thread got locked. I have some questions:
1) How are they in your tank? How big is the tang and tank?
2) How much did you pay? (don't have to answer this if you don't want to)
3) How hardy are they?
4) How well do they acclimate?
5) Can you post pics?
Basically, tell me about your experience with your black tang. I am in love with these fish and won't stop looking for one until I get one or until someone tells me they are the worst fish to get (which I know they are not from research.)

they are exactly the same thing as the yellow tang except a different color and more expensive. last time i saw one it was goin for 300

sk8shorty01

I would love to see some pictures of this guy if you have him already. Please help us, we are going into withdrawls from lack of pictures!!!! haha

myerst22

Well I got mine yesterday and still a bit shy today but eating everything. Here are some quick pics I took last night. Regards, Tim