cycling my 100 gallon marine

bang guy

All levels at zero again for 3rd day, has my tank cycled
Your tank is cycled. If it were me I would continue to ghost feed for a couple weeks to mature the bacteria colonies. Although a fish will probably be fine, the odds of success rise dramatically with a more mature/stable bacteria colony.

I'm gonna give it until next weekend so will have plenty of time. How many fish would u recommend I can keep in my aquarium 100 gallons

aduvall

I'm gonna give it until next weekend so will have plenty of time. How many fish would u recommend I can keep in my aquarium 100 gallons

This is difficult to say based on what you want. Types of fish, Full grown size of fish, eating habits, compatibility. Lot's goes in to this selection. What kind of fish are you looking at?

aduvall

lol, nope! 2 week old little girl! My tank is almost done with additions,

65G with Flame, Hoevan's Wrasse, Starry Blenny, Clown, Banggaii Cardinal.

aduvall

Angel 2nd last and Green mandarin WAY last. Both of those need a somewhat established tank. Blue tang is gonna grow big... like a foot big. 100G may put some pressure on him.

Would you guys introduce the CB and Flame at the same time and let them carve out their territory?

pegasus

Angels should be introduced simultaneously. Otherwise, the first will likely claim the entire tank as it's own territory. Ditto on the mandarin. A minimum of 6 months, and preferably a year before adding one of these. This allows the copepod population to reach sustainable size. You can try to feed the mandarin, but it will be extremely difficult with the other fish as they are incredibly slow eaters. Most of their food would get stolen while they figure how to go about taking a bite. It's a guaranteed deal that they will have plenty to eat if the tank is stocked with pods. They aren't too good at eating amphipods as they have tiny mouths, though they may occasionally catch a slow moving adolescent amphipod. Copepods are their main diet. I recommend stocking the tank (and fuge if available) with Tisbe copepods as these are their favorite food. I'd add a couple of large bottles and then wait six months. You should have a good population by then, and should be able to see them crawling on the glass in low-flow areas... usually near (or in) corners. I don't have to feed mine, but after a year in the tank, he developed a taste for flake food. I try to get a flake or two close to him when I feed the other fish, and if I'm successful, he'll eat it. Getting a wild mandarin to eat processed food comes with no guarantee. Many have been successful training them to do so, but it's hit-or-miss. It doesn't take long for them to starve, so a healthy population of pods increases your chances of success substantially... or should I say... dramatically. Incredibly, even. I think you get the gist...

jay0705

Given either a ton of pods or u get them eating frozen. I like a pair of green mandarins