dream aquarium

A

alix

IF YOU HAD THE MEANS, WHAT IS ONE ANIMAL YOU HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO KEEP IN YOUR AQUARIUM?
i though it would be interesting to see how other people answered.
My dream aquarium-
a blue ringed octopus
a hawaiian dragon eel
charlie the unicorn & a magical neopluridon
an orange spotted filefish
a ray
a crown of thorns starfish
... all living peacefully and harmoniously together in the same tank with freshwater discus.
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

gharner

a mermaid... haha jk. prolly a huge reef with lots of tangs, anthias, butterfly fish, and angel fish... and have it over crouded with no side effects and all the fish would be happy and healthy.lots of coral.
oh yeah and it would be like 1/2 an acre big so i could snorkel in it

townsdp

C'mon CHARLIE!!! Let's go to candy mountain!!! It's a magical Neopluridon, Charlie!!! I bet nobody on here knows what ur talkin about.

A

alix

Originally Posted by townsdp
C'mon CHARLIE!!! Let's go to candy mountain!!! It's a magical Neopluridon, Charlie!!! I bet nobody on here knows what ur talkin about.
wow i didnt think anyone would either. lol

flcandy

I would love to have a HUGE reef tank with a shark and most deffinately a Panther grouper, Lion Fish, a blue ringed octopus (if they werent so deadly!) and a Eel of some sort! Thats down the road when I am no longer in am apartment tho!
LOL

binky1246

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
A tank that needed no maintinence and everything I put in it was free.
2nd that

binky1246

The reef tank at shedd aquarium. One that I could get into to feed and swim with. I think that would look nice in my family room.

Candy mountain!
Fish that I don't have that I want are a moorish Idol, an octopus, a leafy sea dragon, a shark, a miniature orca and dolphin too.
For FW a Cross River puffer and a sturgeon (I forget what it's name is but it grows to be over 72 inches)

adroitmind

I think it would be cool to have an artic tank. One with a sealed canopy and refrigeration so there was a layer of ice over the top at all times. The kind of thick ice that is jagged on the bottom. Not sure what kind of fish, or how gas exchange would work but if money is no object then anything is possible.

adroitmind

Or better yet a tank that mimics the ecosystem of undersea vents. You could get a tank of sulfur gas and cycle it through an opening at the bottom. Then an air pump would return it to the bottom to be sent back up through the vent. This would need a sealed hood too i guess. It would have lots of tubeworms, crabs, and other animals that get their energy from bacteria that metabolize the sulfur gas.

wangotango

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
A tank that needed no maintinence and everything I put in it was free.
i dont know if you've heard of the "palatium series" tanks that are completely automated and will email you if something goes wrong. dont know about the free part :notsure: ill take the ocean, minus the pollution and mass coral bleaching.
-Justin

i would definitely have to do a huge octopus or cuttlefish breeder tank. big enough to keep the breeders and raise the young. :thinking: