ich- what exact methods do we know for sure work?

mauler

It's worth the added effort and cost to me, but what's the point if I end up bringing ich in on something else? That's why I'm trying to be hypervigilant.
If that's your way that's fine with me there are negatives and turn offs to hypo and copper but your right it's the end result that matters.

jay0705

I get it. I got ich from snails. Hadn't added fish in 3months. A wk after snails wham!!. Your tank method is prob best to cover your butt. I never had an issue w lr, but my places keeps it fishless

seecrabrun

I can definitely understand the reason people pick something else.

I'm looking to put in work now and hopefully not have to deal with anything later then set it up quickly and have to deal with it afterwards.

It can be just as effective to fully set up your tank only being completely cautious of existing parasites and diseases and then later on, after your tank is set up and running for a while with no issues, then doing a 10 week or 12 week fallow period and treating the fish in a hospital tank.

Both get the same end result, its just about do the work now or do it later.

You can also hope that it never happens and maybe it never does. I'm just the type to be prepared and try to set everything up for smooth running without a hitch.

That would be why my tank is almost a year old and I have 2 fish and no coral.
It's long and tedious and I'm really wanting to add coral, but I don't want to mess up what I've achieved so far and I don't want to worry about it down the road.

jay0705

Agreed. When I upgrade, I have enough lr from my current tanks to use that. Then qt anything live. And prey lol