Left lane evangelists

darthtang aw

I park in the back of the lot and walk...get in the store quicker than the lazy bastards wasting their gas driving around a lot.

Naw, just live by the motto - "Don't get back at 'em, get even."  Now you'll think twice the next time you try to snipe a parking space from someone whose been waiting for the spot to become available...

aquaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists/20#post_3379722
Ah, the old parking lot vultures. I alway shake my head when I'm looking for a parking spot, and someone is sitting there like a vulture waiting for some lady to pack her groceries, strap her kid in the car seat, then get into the car and leave. Meanwhile, there's an open space just 5 spots back. Heaven forbid the person has to walk another 20 feet!
As far as 'parking spot stealers'? That's why I carry a pair of large wire cutters with me. Someone 'slides in the backdoor' and takes a parking spot that I was patiently waiting for, then gets out of their car and looks at me and gives me attitude (or even goes as far as flipping me off)? I just smile and move on to find another spot. However, if the car is still parked there when I leave, I simply take my cutters and snip off the end of one valve. Sucks having to put a spare tire on in a tight parking spot.
Not exactly. UCF was extremely "under-spotted" I guess you'd say. You had to be somewhat competitive to get a spot, and there where lines in the parking garages. That's what happened. I was in a line of cars coming into the garage. He was on the cross lane inside the garage. His direction had stop signs, meaning they had to yield to the right of way, so cars coming into the garage wouldn't back up onto the main street. Anyway, there's a speedbump as you enter the garage, so I slowed down more for it, a bit more then the car infront, not going to pounded lo-prolifes on a 2-ton car., which caused a gap.. Anyway he thought he saw the gap and tried for it. While the cars infront stopped, just as he started to make the turn into our lane. I inched up, probably got too close as he was still sideways in the lane. After cars started moving, he continued to turn, and the rear of his truck (old Taco) swung and hit my car's nose. At which point the yelling match started...
Figured just some college tool, like myself, so no harm... In hindsight, most likely stupid move these days.... But trapped with nowhere to go in a parking garage, not many options. It's not like automotive glass would stop bullets anyway, might as well meet the problem...

brianbeme80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists/40#post_3379776
Naw, just live by the motto - "Don't get back at 'em, get even." Now you'll think twice the next time you try to snipe a parking space from someone whose been waiting for the spot to become available...
LOL, this makes me laugh. I like how you wait until you leave the place to see if their car is still there, THEN you vandalize the car. Meanwhile, you are talking about parking lot vultures and in the same post you bring up someone stealing a spot you were "patiently waiting for" (i.e. being a vulture)!!! hahaha, love it.
I too park in the back, just easier. I also drive in the right lane and use the middle for passing right lane peeps. Is it legal, meh, but it has proven faster. At least on my commute to work and back.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbeme80 http:///forum/thread/385342/left-lane-evangelists/40#post_3379808
LOL, this makes me laugh. I like how you wait until you leave the place to see if their car is still there, THEN you vandalize the car. Meanwhile, you are talking about parking lot vultures and in the same post you bring up someone stealing a spot you were "patiently waiting for" (i.e. being a vulture)!!! hahaha, love it.
I too park in the back, just easier. I also drive in the right lane and use the middle for passing right lane peeps. Is it legal, meh, but it has proven faster. At least on my commute to work and back.
My idea of waiting is when I'm driving through a parking lot, and I see reverse tailights glowing on a car just about to pull out of the spot. It's when I'm on the guys left side, he/she pulls out of the spot turning in my direction, and by the time the car gets by me, some loser pulls in the spot by following right behind the leaving vehicle.
Actually, I've snipped a valve right after I've parked my car, if the vehicle is close enough. Most people are too stupid to even realize the valve stem is what caused the flat. They only figure that out when I leave the note on their windshield telling them they need to be more courteous when it comes to stealing parking spots.

reefraff

I have the magic blue tag. Not a huge issue. I remember an incident many years ago where my mom pulled forward to back into a spot and a guy snuck in behind her and snaked the spot which was along the curb in front of the store. She got out and read him the riot act to the point he got back in his car and moved. Unfortunately she was driving a 59 caddy which turned out to be too long to fit in the spot anyway, even with my brother spotting for her.