Obama to address nation?????????

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that DNA from bin Ladin's sister (who died a few years back and was living in the USA) was taken and used to compare to bin Ladin DNA retreived after death. It was a 99% match, which supposedly makes it impossible for it to be anyone else but bin Ladin.
I can't imagine the USA making a dead announcement if their was any doubt.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381487
I believe that DNA from bin Ladin's sister (who died a few years back and was living in the USA) was taken and used to compare to bin Ladin DNA retreived after death. It was a 99% match, which supposedly makes it impossible for it to be anyone else but bin Ladin.
I can't imagine the USA making a dead announcement if their was any doubt.
I agree about the last point...but how can the sisters DNA prove anything? They have such huge families all that would prove is that the body was in the immediate family.

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/60#post_3381451
You know I was thinking about that earlier when the whole to celebrate or not to celebrate discussion was going on. In no way do I condone or trumpet the killing of innocent civilians by any means but sometimes we need to look at the situations or events that lead to what causes people like bin laden to become the people that they are, or were.
Name one event that would validate solid reasoning to murder 3000 innocent people. This is the problem with society, we always need to find the excuse for one's actions. There is no excuse that can validate something of that magnitude, so why search for the excuse?

darthtang aw

You know, as I think about it more and more...I would ok with the picture not being released. However, one condition, The families of the victims are allowed a private viewing session of the photo if they so desire. I would even be willing to pay a bit in taxes to to have the government fly them to the White House to view it.

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381518
You know, as I think about it more and more...I would ok with the picture not being released. However, one condition, The families of the victims are allowed a private viewing session of the photo if they so desire. I would even be willing to pay a bit in taxes to to have the government fly them to the White House to view it.
Darth "Should be President because he wants to raise taxes" Tang

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381517
Name one event that would validate solid reasoning to murder 3000 innocent people. This is the problem with society, we always need to find the excuse for one's actions. There is no excuse that can validate something of that magnitude, so why search for the excuse?
Darth, my comment wasn't about validating a plot to kill Americans or training people to do it. There is no excuse for that in my eyes. But you cannot deny that our government has played no roll in his creation. We trained him, gave him guns & ammo and then turned out backs when we were done and let him run wild. It's another case of our government sticking our noses in somebody elses fight. If it wasn't for us the russians probably would have smoked his ass a long time ago. My comment was more about understanding than it was about validation. So no, I see no reason to celebrate the fact that we let the genie out of the bottle so to speak. As a result many innocent Americans lost their lives because we didn't contain it. That's just how I see it. I am glad that he himself is no longer a concern in the fact that it's one less terrorist out there, but to me it's not something to raise our hands about and say look what we did.
I agree that since obama is meeting with the victims of 9/11 that he should at least offer the victims families a private viewing of the sensitive material in a controlled environment. Maybe it would give some people the long awaited closure that they need. I don't believe that the rest of the world needs to get their hands on such things, nothing good would come of it. People are going to say what they say and believe what they want to believe anyways so who cares, let them.
Question: If I bought a dog and trained that dog to be a stone cold killer in the ring, discarded the dog when I no longer needed or wanted it and then turned it loose in the neighborhood where it got a hold of a kid down the street and killed the kid...who would you blame? The dog?

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381550
Typical voter...never reads the exact wording...lol...
I said I would be willing to pay a bit more. Never said everyone should or said a tax increase for it.
LOL ok .... That would be a lot for you to pay for 3000+ families for 911 and all the service men and women who have lost their lives for this cause, all by your self. You think they would ONLY make you pay extra taxes if they got a chance to raise it?
Quote:
I would even be willing to pay a bit in taxes to to have the government fly them to the White House to view it.
See, the perfect politician, states one thing, gets "elected", and changes what he says!!!!!!!

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381554
Darth, my comment wasn't about validating a plot to kill Americans or training people to do it. There is no excuse for that in my eyes. But you cannot deny that our government has played no roll in his creation. We trained him, gave him guns & ammo and then turned out backs when we were done and let him run wild. It's another case of our government sticking our noses in somebody elses fight. If it wasn't for us the russians probably would have smoked his ass a long time ago. My comment was more about understanding than it was about validation. So no, I see no reason to celebrate the fact that we let the genie out of the bottle so to speak. As a result many innocent Americans lost their lives because we didn't contain it. That's just how I see it. I am glad that he himself is no longer a concern in the fact that it's one less terrorist out there, but to me it's not something to raise our hands about and say look what we did.
I agree that since obama is meeting with the victims of 9/11 that he should at least offer the victims families a private viewing of the sensitive material in a controlled environment. Maybe it would give some people the long awaited closure that they need. I don't believe that the rest of the world needs to get their hands on such things, nothing good would come of it. People are going to say what they say and believe what they want to believe anyways so who cares, let them.
Question: If I bought a dog and trained that dog to be a stone cold killer in the ring, discarded the dog when I no longer needed or wanted it and then turned it loose in the neighborhood where it got a hold of a kid down the street and killed the kid...who would you blame? The dog?
The difference between the dog and Osama, is Osama was already a killer, he had already fought in wars and had been doing it for years......So the analagy is not the same.
I understand your point......However, we as a nation have global interests that directly (even though some may not see it)affect our citizens here at home. So do we march off to war everytime those interests are threatened, or do we assist the locals during the battle? Or option 3. Do nothing and hope the citizens at home understand....Osama is the one time time those trained by us have turned around and actually harmed our citizens....Our training him and his rebels at the time did not give him the tools to commit acts of terror..(He was doing this in Afghanistan before we intervened against the Russians). All we did is provide better weapons to do it with. Were those weapons used against us in 9/11? No. were any tactics we trained them in used against us in 9/11? No.
I seriously grow tired of hearing we created this terrorist. He was a Terrorist before, during, and after our assistance against the Russians.....We did not create him....we did not empower him, we did not give him the means to do that. He already had them..............

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerth6932 http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381556
LOL ok .... That would be a lot for you to pay for 3000+ families for 911 and all the service men and women who have lost their lives for this cause, all by your self. You think they would ONLY make you pay extra taxes if they got a chance to raise it?
See, the perfect politician, states one thing, gets "elected", and changes what he says!!!!!!!
Read my lips......no mew Taxes.
Darth (Nixon) Tang

bang guy

Option 4
We increase our interests with stable nations and eliminate our interests with unstable nations. Trying to "fix" the unstable middle east is like trying to bail out a boat that has no bottom. We have the inventiveness to disconnect our dependence on imported oil we're just not diverting enough resources to it.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381559
The difference between the dog and Osama, is Osama was already a killer, he had already fought in wars and had been doing it for years......So the analagy is not the same.
I understand your point......However, we as a nation have global interests that directly (even though some may not see it)affect our citizens here at home. So do we march off to war everytime those interests are threatened, or do we assist the locals during the battle? Or option 3. Do nothing and hope the citizens at home understand....Osama is the one time time those trained by us have turned around and actually harmed our citizens....Our training him and his rebels at the time did not give him the tools to commit acts of terror..(He was doing this in Afghanistan before we intervened against the Russians). All we did is provide better weapons to do it with. Were those weapons used against us in 9/11? No. were any tactics we trained them in used against us in 9/11? No.
I seriously grow tired of hearing we created this terrorist. He was a Terrorist before, during, and after our assistance against the Russians.....We did not create him....we did not empower him, we did not give him the means to do that. He already had them..............
You're right, we did absolutely nothing to empower him. Training the rebels how to build explosive devices and providing them with better weapons and methods for warfare had no effect on them whatsoever. My memory grows a bit hazy...who did he terrorize before he became a rebel? It's good to have global interests of our own and the ability to reach into territories that don't belong to us to achieve them. And people wonder why they hate us.

reefraff

Saw a couple of great points today.
1) If there was this treasure trove of information recovered from Osama's pad why rush to the TV camera's to announce we offed him? Wouldn't it have been better to try to keep this quiet until we could look at the info and see if it could lead us to more of his buds before they knew we nailed him?
2) A lot of the people who pass little green apples through the knots in their panties at the thought of us water boarding terrorists to get information cheered the fact this terrorist was unarmed and in his PJ's when he was shot.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381607
Saw a couple of great points today.
1) If there was this treasure trove of information recovered from Osama's pad why rush to the TV camera's to announce we offed him? Wouldn't it have been better to try to keep this quiet until we could look at the info and see if it could lead us to more of his buds before they knew we nailed him?
I was under the impression they HAD to make the announcement because of a media leak

jerth6932

That's what CSNBC was reporting the first night initially, hence the scramble to get the presidents address to the nation, that was delayed like 3 hours.

darthtang aw

You're right, we did absolutely nothing to empower him.  Training the rebels how to build explosive devices and providing them with better weapons and methods for warfare had no effect on them whatsoever.  My memory grows a bit hazy...who did he terrorize before he became a rebel?  It's good to have global interests of our own and the ability to reach into territories that don't belong to us to achieve them.  And people wonder why they hate us. 

History.......much is forgotten
Bin laden moved to afghanistan near the beginning of the afghan invasion. He even set up offices in in 2 U.S. cities for recruitment of rebels to fight against the russians. He was already fighting in afghanistan since 1979. We came along and supplied rpgs and other surface to air devices. We trained them in guerrilla warfare. They beat back the russians.
After that war he moved back to saudi where he lived a couple years until the U.N. sanction liberation of kuwait from iraq. Saudi arabi allowed us and the west allies to set up bases permanently. This is what made him angry.......that infidels were allowed to live and havea precense in saudi arabi.
Let me ask you something.......the U.S. trained lee harvey oswald how to shoot...so is the U.S to blame for the death of JFK? Should we change policy and no longer train troops.?
Other question.........have you ever lived outside the U.S.? Do you understand the scope of how intertwined the global economy truly is?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/80#post_3381517
Not make or look for excuses...To understand what made the monster, so we can prevent it from happening again.

darthtang aw

Not make or look for excuses...To understand what made the monster, so we can prevent it from happening again.

So what made the monster? The radical ideology of a religion or our actions?