Odyssea 2006 Model MH Lights

saltwater8

Originally Posted by Marine693
I don't know for sure, that's just what somebody told me when they bought it from [them]
Looks like you were right, sent them an email asking if their products were refurbished - never even bothered to respond...

marine693

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
Looks like you were right, sent them an email asking if their products were refurbished - never even bothered to respond...

They have horrible customer service, as you can already see!

marine693

Originally Posted by Saltwater8
Are the actinics included with the odyssea not the right color?
I thought someone posted something saying this?

They work, they are just really blue. I have had the original lights on now for about a month and I have had absolutely no problems with them!

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Drewsta
I'll let you know on Tuesday xrob when mine come in

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THE LIGHT SET UP? AND HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST FOR ONE FOR A 180 GALLON TANK..6 FOOT ACROSS ?

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Marine693
I don't know for sure, that's just what somebody told me when they bought it from a q u a t r a d e r s I have had mine up for over a month now with absolutely no problems and the lights and ballast are working GREAT!!!! I am very very impressed with this equipment for the price! I'm telling ya' buy from HOMBBY ON E B A Y !!!!
I bought the 175 MH with 46 PC unit. Fans puked, but I put up my own and the unit is pretty cool. Price is good from AQ Traders if my house doesn't burn down!
Mc

joncat24

mine came in a box with odyysea stamped on it with all the light specs and such on the box, as far as what lights were included. It was then wrapped in another box, which was inside another shipping box from UPS. The light is brand new, not a mark on it and it works perfectly. I am going to pick up my new 180 tomorrow...changed it form the 150 I ordered. Cant wait til I get it going. :jumping:

drewsta

Well an update on mine... The fans went out I bought 2 new fans now they are working great but the ballast is acting up sometimes it wont fire the HQI bulbs. So I have contacted the ---- guy about a replacement but he hasn't responded yet
I guess I might have to take the ballast apart and replace the messed up pieces.

sinaloa213

Originally Posted by joncat24
mine came in a box with odyysea stamped on it with all the light specs and such on the box, as far as what lights were included. It was then wrapped in another box, which was inside another shipping box from UPS. The light is brand new, not a mark on it and it works perfectly. I am going to pick up my new 180 tomorrow...changed it form the 150 I ordered. Cant wait til I get it going. :jumping:

mine came the exact same way

drewsta

where did you get yours from drewsta???
Good ol Homby from the auction site

joncat24

I guess the post about hombby on e b a y being the guy to buy em from was wrong then...I bought mine from A Q U A T R A D E R S and they are cheaper than hombby is with shipping :jumping:

jbair

What kind of warranty/contact information did you get from Hombby Drewsta, and did he respond to you yet. Joncat what warranty/contact info did you get from AQTrader? This like the fourth person who had to replace fans on units that were brought fron Hombby, just trying to figure out who has the better support system/warranty on there product. :thinking: I already know if I get lights from Hombby I need to also get new fans for it right off the back.

saltwater8

Well, I don't think it is Hombby as much as it is Jebo/Odyssea itself.
Lets be serious
, there is a reason their products are half the price of everyone else.

jbair

True, and I not pointing fingers at anyone, just trying to spend my money well. I was just saying that I read in this thread that four people, have had to replace the fans on units brought from Hombby, but no one has had to, or has not said that they had to replace fans on units brought from AQTraders. Now if there Refurbished as many have said they are, then they must be doing a damn good job repairing them. I just want to know who has the better warranty, and stands behind their product. Because when I buy my lights and have a problem, I want to make sure that they stand behind them.

marine693

I guess the post about hombby on e b a y being the guy to buy em from was wrong then...I bought mine from A Q U A T R A D E R S and they are cheaper than hombby is with shipping :jumping:
Mine are still running perfect with absolutely no problems whatsoever! It has been up for a month now. The original fans are still in it and working great! I can't complain one ounce about this thing. According to hombby, a lot of people have been setting up the ballast/fixture wrong causing problems. Some people plugged the fixture right into their outlets bypassing the ballast causing fires to occur. Anyways, for the price you pay ($359 total with shipping) it's an amazing deal and the lights work fantastic!