Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

acrylic51

Here's some pics of the sump....Sorry not tons of room in the filter room to step back and take 1 solid pic so have to break it up into several pics .......

acrylic51

This is a pic of MRC dual chamber calcium reactor I picked up for $100.00 came with bottle, regulator, Pinpoint PH controller, which I won't be using, because the Neptune AquaController will handle that for me......

acrylic51

Some quick pics of lighting work (wiring) going on behind the scenes.....Excuse the mess, everything was run temporarily to double check everything, and some wiring needs cut to length, and loomed.....95% of wiring is already loomed just need tied off to make neat and get the DC4HD mounted to plug all plugs into.....
The cabinet the lighting is mounted in is actually above the tank.....Access is from behind and has doors. Kinda a pain to get to since you need a ladder, but it's up and out of the way......In one of the pics you might be able to make out the 4" duct (that still needs to be mounted to the exhaust fan for pulling heat away).
A couple shots of the Lumenarc III reflectors to show how much room they do occupy. They were mounted like this to get them up off the tank and from the bottom side you have a clean recessed look as well........The underside of the canopy was lined with aluminum and was hand buffed for a nice mirror finish, but don't really need it, it's more for looks.......

acrylic51

IceCap ballast appears to be touching reflector, but actually it's mouted behind the reflector by a good 8".........

acrylic51

Originally Posted by widowmaker
will share more this weekend, after i get the tank in the hole......woohoo!!!

Did you get the tank in yet?

scsinet

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Due to bad planning (some) on my part I had to pull the plywood flooring up off the subfloor to run a dedicated 220 line for the 1HP chiller which sits out in the other part of the garage to keep everything cool.....

If it's not too late, you might want to consider running conduit under the floor instead of romex. At the least you should have one running from near your panelboard to under the tank. That way, when you need to make a wiring change, you just pull the new conductors you need through the conduit instead of pulling everything apart.
1" conduit can accomodate at least (20) 12 gauge wires, and one ground can serve them all, so that's a good (9) 20 amp circuits.

acrylic51

Funny that you mention that.....My brother-in-law just happened to swing by yesterday and he owns his own electrical business, and he's sending his guys over later this morning to do exactly that.......He caught me up on the ladder getting ready to start tying up some of the electrical work for the lighting, and threatened to tell my wife; his sister what I was doing and he knows she would have taken the keys to the fishroom........
:scared: I already have (4) dedicated circuits that I ran in earlier construction, but didn't have the 1HP 220 chiller in mind at the time......Got a really good deal on the puppy, so I couldn't pass it up......

yupi1982

Originally Posted by acrylic51
but didn't have the 1HP 220 chiller in mind at the time......Got a really good deal on the puppy, so I couldn't pass it up......
:cheer:
I think i am gonna need one of those ....ShawN,How much did you get that puppy for ?? :thinking:

acrylic51

They go for around $1800.00 and more depending where you shop.....I picked this up brand new at one of my suppliers since they aren't going to be carrying this brand due to costs for $900.00 and that included the controller as well.....It also features the expansion valve for increased cooling capacity....That's what drives the price up on chillers......

acrylic51

Got alittle accomplished today outside the fishroom.....Did some electrical work where the chiller is placed and where the water mixing station is going to be house......Still have to run the other outlet over behind the RubberMaid containers.......Forgot to pick up and extra box as usually, but remembered everything else that wasn't important....
Still have to drill the bottoms of the containers for bulkheads....Seen a neat mixing station setup, and want to employ that on my setup.......I'm going to install 1" bulkheads in the containers and both are going to have separate pumps to keep water moving......Probably continue to use the old Mags I have laying around for the job.......they are going to plumbed together so when the container on the far left is full, I can close and open another valve and transfer water to the container on the right.....That is where the water is then mixed with the salt.....I still have to run another line through the wall back into the filter room where again dual valves will be used, when it comes to water change time, I just open and close a series of valves, and the new water will be pumped into the sump......Just tired of the bucket and hose routine.......I also have sitting around in a box somewhere the Tunze automatic top off unit, that has a small metering pump.....The Tunze top off units are nice, because they don't utilize the typical float valves.....I'll have to dig that out of the parts pile and post pics tomorrow.......

acrylic51

Sorry just a couple more pics......I chose to mount the chiller remotely with the temp controller located inside the filter room, because of the size of the unit as you can see, and also the amount of heat this puppy will put off...Why make the AC in the fishroom work any harder than it has too.......

acrylic51

Pic of the pump which is a BlueLine 70HD which will carry the burden of running the recirc on the MRC 4R skimmer.....Hopefully tomorrow won't be a nice day out so I'm stuck inside working on what I should be....I couldn't resist pulling the CR250 out and firing it up.....To bad I won't get to ride till next season though........

acrylic51

Alittle more accomplished on the setup.....Getting with days of totally firing system, but stil have plenty of plumbing to do with the OM 8Way, but not totally important at this point running the lines overtop.....Here's a couple pics of more of the plumbing and flow meters and such....

acrylic51

Here's a shot of the UV sterilizer being plumbed into place....There is a flow meter on that line to monitor flow through the unit....

acrylic51

Pic of line running up to feed the fuge.........and pic of skimmate on LR curing tank....4 hours of skimmate!!!!!