Save you money on I AM LEGEND!

beatlesfan

Eh, I saw it and thought it was an OK movie with so much potential, journey is right it really was a "Gee I don't know where were going here so lets just have him blow himself up" thing. I thought the CGi things were great really. Storyline is nice but some things happen just because he is crazy like the dummy moving. SPOILERS
If your going to see it dont read this
: In the end the Infected break into his house after 2 other humans (a teenage girl and a young boy) rescue him. He hides them in a small crawl space and takes a grenade and blows himself and the other thigns up...... sorda disapointing he could've at least lived.

zeke92

really? i havent seen it yet but just one opinion shouldn't sotp someone. previews and every review i've read says its great.

big-fish

i saw the movie last night and it was SO GOOD
,,,just my opinion,,but i would recomend it to everybody to see,,,the ending was bad,,but it was really good,,it was worth the 8 bucks,,just my opinion

zeke92

Originally Posted by Beatlesfan
Eh, I saw it and thought it was an OK movie with so much potential, journey is right it really was a "Gee I don't know where were going here so lets just have him blow himself up" thing. I thought the CGi things were great really. Storyline is nice but some things happen just because he is crazy like the dummy moving.
: In the end the Infected break into his house after 2 other humans (a teenage girl and a young boy) rescue him. He hides them in a small crawl space and takes a grenade and blows himself and the other thigns up...... sorda disapointing he could've at least lived.
ugh, i ust had to read it....we need spoiler tags on here!

reefraff

Check out Omega man, same story, made in the early 70's with Charlton Heston. I like Will Smith Movies but it is hard to imagine them topping OM.

beatlesfan

Originally Posted by zeke92
ugh, i ust had to read it....we need spoiler tags on here!
lol sorry zeke, I was thinking of linking it but. Ill edit it and make it more noticeable. You should still see it it was good.

rylan1

Originally Posted by alix2.0
DUHH EVERYBODY, of course it was bad. its a will smith movie not called Men In Black. automatically gaurantees it to be a bomb.
Independence Day? This movie was huge!
Ali
Bad Boys
Pursuit of Happiness
Enemy of the State

rylan1

Originally Posted by Beatlesfan
Eh, I saw it and thought it was an OK movie with so much potential, journey is right it really was a "Gee I don't know where were going here so lets just have him blow himself up" thing. I thought the CGi things were great really. Storyline is nice but some things happen just because he is crazy like the dummy moving.
SPOILERS

In the book I hear he dies... aren't you tired of all the same "corny endings"?

babyb

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
wait...it only costs you $8 to go to the movies!?!?!?!?!?...its $10 out here...and in san francisco(i am always there) it is up to $11 now...

my boyfriend both wen to see it for $10 even
i will have to agree it was a bit of a disipointment, but i did cry when the whole dog part happened

1journeyman

Originally Posted by BabyB
my boyfriend both wen to see it for $10 even
i will have to agree it was a bit of a disipointment, but i did cry when the whole dog part happened
My friend and I observed this... The wife and kid die, np. The dog dies, everyone in theatre gets upset.
What is it about the human mind that is able to understand the people are actors but we get emotionally attached to animals in a movie?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
My friend and I observed this... The wife and kid die, np. The dog dies, everyone in theatre gets upset.
What is it about the human mind that is able to understand the people are actors but we get emotionally attached to animals in a movie?
Very true....
I heard it was a pretty good movie too.. but I havent seen it yet.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
Very true....
I heard it was a pretty good movie too.. but I havent seen it yet.
I enjoyed it (although it definitely had a "resident evil" kind of plot) until the last 5 minutes. I mean, the whole movie is full of inaccuracies (power and water work in a world wiped out for instance) yet they try to throw in some "reality" right at the end to wrap up the movie. Just seems like Hollywood is getting paid more and more and yet becoming more lazy every year.

perfectdark

More and more movies come out where it is becoming eaiser to find that "hole" in the story. Somthing that they needed to hold or bind the story line together but yet have no explanation for it. I agree it makes the inquisitive minds who watch it get disapointed in how the movie was thought out. Where at the end you say yea it was good but.... it would of never of gotten to that point because this was so inacurate.
But then one could always argue... well yea but why the hell would you need an explanation on why the electricity is working, when you are buying the fact that a genetically altered measels vaccine just turned 98% of the world population into zombies.

earlybird

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Independence Day? This movie was huge!

I should have walked out on this movie. Will Smith knocks out an alien with one punch... c'mon. And who can forget the line... "I know you ain't shootin green _______ at me" (Smith). I wish we had a thumbs down thingy.

fishycpa

I saw it and liked it. Not great, but pretty good. I would like to see the original, "The Omega Man" and compare it to that, though. Has anyone seen that?

natemd

I saw it last night and while the movie was not bad I do believe it had a lot more potential. I was not a fan of the back and forth of time periods though. However, if you stop and think about the likelyhood that something could and I say this lightly not to step on anyones beliefs, but evolve and in all our smarts not have a cure for the effects could truely be devistating. I have a friend who is currently getting his master's degree but his undergradute studies were in parasitic zoology and after talking to him there are some really nasty things out there.