Tangs Tangs Tangs

ratrod

Well I've had a few tangs in the past with no problems, until the disaster ofcourse, but what I havent had was the combo of lets say yellows, purples and blues. I wonder how three of each would fair?

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ratrod
http:///forum/post/2468269
Well I've had a few tangs in the past with no problems, until the disaster ofcourse, but what I havent had was the combo of lets say yellows, purples and blues. I wonder how three of each would fair?
Given large enough territory they will be fine.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by WangoTango
http:///forum/post/2467206
Thanks for beating the dead horse coral.
-Justin
It's obviously, and unfortunately, not a dead horse....
Originally Posted by 75g-reefer

http:///forum/post/2467050
i have a yellow tang, purple tang, blue tang, and a sailfin tang and they all get allong great.. been together for about 5 months now...
There is no way a 75 gallon tank is producing enough food for 4 tangs to feed on. Much less providing the appropriate territory.
How much have the Tangs grown in 5 months?

devil dog

Originally Posted by Tarball
http:///forum/post/2467075
oh boy, I hear the sigh-rings coming.

I have multiple tangs and they are yellow, purple,sailfin and a blonde Naso tang.
And that is in a 210g and I havw been waitting to find a Achilles Tang and that will be my last tang for that tank...

m0nk

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
http:///forum/post/2468335

I have multiple tangs and they are yellow, purple,sailfin and a blonde Naso tang.
And that is in a 210g and I havw been waitting to find a Achilles Tang and that will be my last tang for that tank...
I'd love to have an Achilles. Wish they didn't cost so much.

jeffro63

i have a 55 reef in which i was housing a yellow tang and a kole tang
also in this tank are 2 clown fish and a strawberry psuedo
unfortunatly the kole tang became a victim of old age,
but before he died the kole and the yellow got along as though the were twins
when the lights went out they would even hang togeather in the same cave.
i agree with not to many tangs in the same tank, but there are a few exceptions

devil dog

Originally Posted by jeffro63
http:///forum/post/2468369
i have a 55 reef in which i was housing a yellow tang and a kole tang
also in this tank are 2 clown fish and a strawberry psuedo
unfortunatly the kole tang became a victim of old age,
but before he died the kole and the yellow got along as though the were twins
when the lights went out they would even hang togeather in the same cave.
i agree with not to many tangs in the same tank, but there are a few exceptions
Where is Neenah?

ratrod

How long have you all had your naso's? I'm definatly not new to the sport, but I lost a blond naso in the past and didnt do a thing wrong, he was perfect for about three months then one day just rolled

boizart1

i've had my tank for five years with a yellow tang and a blue tang and 2 days ago decided to try a brown powder tang and in one day and a half they tore him up...i had to move him down to the filter, and as stupid as it may sound i went to the store and bought a sailfin tang...i figured 2 at the same time might make my yellow tang less agressive towards only one, ill be adding the sailfin later on today...lets see how it goes

ratrod

In my experience its kind of a crap shoot when adding one type of tang a peice, somtimes they get along somtimes they dont. In the past Ive started with three yellows then added a different type of tang after that. The yellows seem to hassle fish that have a similar body shape as well as the same colors. For instance yellows and puples are almost exactl except color. Yellows would be less likely to bother a naso or a achilies

hefner413

My 180 will have some tangs, but the yellow will be the last one I add. I had a yellow in my 55 before it went back to the LFS - such a bully. Once the 180 is running (starting it up next week) - the blue and Desjardinii sailfin will go in... then maybe an achilles or naso, etc... not sure on what next, but certain that the yellow will be last. This a good plan? any other tangs as aggressive as the yellow?

ratrod

I think the sohal is the meanest, not a bad idea on the yellows I've had em be docile or bullies. The naso's Ive had have all been docile

jeffro63

actually,,,,, i'm not in nenah anymore ,,,,,,
sorry i need to update my profile
now i'm in stockbridge which is on the east shore of lake winnebago

tangwhispr

Originally Posted by 75g-reefer
http:///forum/post/2467050
i have a yellow tang, purple tang, blue tang, and a sailfin tang and they all get allong great.. been together for about 5 months now...
You should try living in a 4'x4' room and see how you like it.

reefmate75

i dont know where you all get off saing tangs grow fast, ive had my sailfin tang for 2 years in my 75G and he has grown about 1/2" woohoo, and yes he gets nori every day, my clowns like nori too, i thought that was quite odd, but if they want it ok with me, anyways my sailfin is about 6" i have a blue hippo in there with him 3" they get along great, but they dont look anything alike, i used to have a brisletooth tang in there with them also, but a friend had never seen one like him so i traded him off, he was black with a white tail and when him and my sailfin would meet up he would stripe out black and white and his cheeks would turn yellow, he was really cool, but my friend put him in his 180 gallon and i had him for almost 2 years he didnt grow much, he put him in that larger tank that has a power blue, blond naso, yellow, purple, and a hippo, he was the smallest now like the 2nd biggest, i think it has alot to do with tank size and type of tang and if they are getting the veggies they need, i tend to feed alittle on the light side, i think alot of people belive fish need to eat more then they really do, its kinda like americans think they need to eat a pound steak for dinner with tatters and gravy, blahhh thats why we are so fat!!! hahaha
anyhow my hippo and sailfin get along alot better then the sailfin and bristletooth did matter of fact the hippo and sailfin dont bother each other at all, the sailfin dosent scaveng though, i think thats odd, dose anyone elses sailfin go around picking at the rocks? mine might just be spoiled and knows the clip is comeing in when i get home haha
the fact that the brisletooth and sailfin didnt get along was why i traded him to my friend the sailfin had spured him befor really close to the gut cavady and barried his spur in there and lost it, i watched the spur rot out of his side, he healed up fast but about a 1/8th of a inch closer to his guts and he would have died,
so with that being said they might get along now but all it takes is one good placed spur and bye bye costly fishy,...i liked my brisletooth tang alot i have never seen another like him, and my friend is proud of him and makes sure every one thats sees his tanks sees that fish, i liked my tang enough to give him a good home, but he dose have alot of tangs in there with him, hes been there over a year now and all is well