wish me luck

reefreak29

ty brenda your awesome,
i had the surgery on thursday and was diccharged saturday. saturday at home was so painfull i was achually crying but the pain is under control now and doing much better.dont really know if i can p[ost this pic or not sorry if i affended anyone

reefreak29

well its been 9 days since the surgery and im still in alot of pain, anyone know how long that will last

reefreak29

HI GUYS 20 DAYS OUT AND STILL UNCOMFERTABLE, doing much better then first week but this is going to be a long recovery i believe

peachie98

I've known 3 people who have had knee surgery (one a torn acl, and the other 2 had total knee replacements). They ALL had a lot of pain and frustration for the first month or so...but they all worked really hard on pt and none of them have any problems now. Keep your chin up and keep pushing through the pt! Good luck!

reefreak29

Originally Posted by peachie98
http:///forum/post/2720763
I've known 3 people who have had knee surgery (one a torn acl, and the other 2 had total knee replacements). They ALL had a lot of pain and frustration for the first month or so...but they all worked really hard on pt and none of them have any problems now. Keep your chin up and keep pushing through the pt! Good luck!

ty for the comment , it just gets depressing i want to get better now but i cant think that way

mimzy

Originally Posted by reefreak29
http:///forum/post/2720875
ty for the comment , it just gets depressing i want to get better now but i cant think that way
pain and pain meds do some aweful things 2morale. keep telling yourself it will get better, and get on the horn to a physical therapist the FIRST DAY your Dr. tells you you're ready. PT helps by leaps and bounds. Hurts like the dickens at first, but you will amaze yourself by the end of the 1st week at how far you've come. Been here, done this. Hugs!!!!!!

jennythebugg

you would also be suprised how much hydration helps after surgery drink loads of water it will help you with pain and movement and energy

hlcroghan

Wow, that does look really painful, but I have faith that you will pull through, just get yourself moving and do those exercises so that you will be able to do lots of stuff again.

nacl freak

Originally Posted by reefreak29
http:///forum/post/2687390
yes i will have this cooling device , ive heard its great. ill also have this other thing that will move my leg whyll I sleep.
The rehab will be the most important and hardest part once surgery is over.You'll have to push through the pain. Be sure and take your pain meds 30 min before your re-hab as this will help. Hope everything is sucessful and goes smoothly for you.
PS, Be kind to your nurse

A

alexmir

not trying to be a bummer, but my mom had knee surgery over a year ago, and had lots of complications. the doctor didnt give her a good stretching schedule and the scar tissue locked it up pretty quick, so she had to go to physical therapy, and they had a HUGE guy push her knee until all of the scar tissue tore, so it could re-start healing.
she is glad she did it, just a long recovery. ITs weird because i can tap her knee still after a year and she cant feel it.