Search results

1. uscmizzy

Good combo lighting for a 90 gallon

I'm looking for two good lights that I can mount on the back and use for a 90 gallon reef aquarium. I have a 90 with and overflow with the black trim. I would like to get two lights so each side of aquarium can be lit while also not having a strip light sit across the center bar. Any thoughts...
  2. uscmizzy

Possible build....need thoughts and ideas

So a buddy of mine just gave me a 55 Gallon aquarium for free. It isn't drilled but I have strongly considered doing a sump with it. I have read a couple things about overflow boxes and see this as a possible, what does everybody think? I'm scared to drill the tank to be honest. So with it...
  3. uscmizzy

Blue Tang and New Tank

So I have had a 36 Gallon Biwfront for sometime now and have started looking for an upgrade and have narrowed it down between a 75 Gallon long and a 54 Gallon corner tank. Any ideas on which would be better? Also I have looked at a blue tang and I'm not sure how big of a tank I need. I hear...
  4. uscmizzy

Starting Over

I use to have a 36g bowfront saltwater tank but unfortunately had to sell it when I moved. Now that things are settled I have been looking at getting back into the hobby. The tank I'm curious about is the 54g corner tank. Here is what I'm thinking: 54g corner tank and stand 2 powerheads...
  5. uscmizzy

Tank Restart

As some of you that followed some of my threads know I had a complete loss in my 36g bowfront. So after taking some time off and figuring out where it all went wrong I have restarted! Got the tank up and running and purchased two mocha clowns after conditions in the tank were good. What do...
  6. uscmizzy

36 gallon bowfront stocking ideas

As it the title suggest what are some realistic stocking ideas for a 36 gallon bowfront? I know I will probably get one or two clowns, maybe a pair, but after that I'm not sure what you can fit in the tank. Ideas?
  7. uscmizzy

What happened, need help fish loss

I recently bought a Royal Gramma from my lfs not even two weeks ago. Today I wake up and the gramma is dead and my blue tang looks horrible. I don't see any indications from disease on the Gramma. My blue tangs color is very faded and she is hiding in the rocks and I can't find her anymore...
  8. uscmizzy

HELP!!! Aquamaxx HOB1 Broke!

So this happened last night! Only had it on my aquarium less than two weeks and this piece broke..... Is there anyway this can be fixed or am I completely screwed?!? Help Guys!!
  9. uscmizzy

uscmizzy's 36 Gallon Bowfront update

Hey everybody just wanted to give an update on the tank and again thank everybody for the help! Info: 36g Marineland 200 power filter Aquamaxx HOB 1 protein skimmer 40 lbs live rock 2 aqueon powerhead 1 p clown 1 blue tang (if you read my previous post you know the situation with her) 2 turbo...
  10. uscmizzy

melafix

Has anyone here ever used Marine Melafix in an aquarium? My blue tang is having some fin issues and the guy at my LFS recommend it and I don't know anything about it. It says to remove all carbon and turn off your protein skimmer. Is this a smart idea? Does this stuff work?
  11. uscmizzy

Upgrading Techniques

I currently have a 36g tank and currently aren't looking to upgrade but eventually will have to so I wanted to know how others have done it. Do you have to use all new stuff? Did you use any sand or rock from the old aquarium? How did you transfer fish? When I do upgrade it will be a...
  12. uscmizzy

36 Gallon Bowfront

Hey all I need answers fast! A guy has just offered me a 36 gallon bowfront saltwater tank already up and running with an o clown in it already and 40 lbs of live rock with all equipment included for a low price and needs an answer soon. 1. I know the smaller you go the harder it gets so on a...
  13. uscmizzy

New Tank

Hi all I am posting today to recieve tips on my new setup. I recently purchased a 55 gal rectangle tank and want to start a fish only tank with no live rock or reef qualities. Along with the tank came two 150 B marineland filters, a heater, and some fake coral and decorations with gravel. Now...
  14. uscmizzy

Quarantine Tanks? Yes or No?

I am about to start a 55 gallon tank and have heard a couple people talk about quarantine tanks and was wondering what people thought? Good or bad idea? I have a 10 gallon I used a while back that I could turn into one if needed but I am not sure what all needs to be in a QT tank and what you...
  15. uscmizzy

Starting a 55 gallon tank

I have decided to start a new 55 gallon fish only tank with maybe some live rock but unsure and want some input on certain things I might need or I can do? I had a freshwater tank before this and have all the equipment from that setup still available. My questions are: 1. Can I use the...
  16. uscmizzy

55 gallon new tank

First post and First day on the site so asking for help... I am in the process of changing my former African Cichlid tank into a saltwater tank. I have a 55 gallon tank and two HOB Marineland penguin 200s and a heater. I know I will need powerheads and the basic stuff but I am wondering if I...