Help with tongue coral :(

meowzer

Well the spot has receded a little more this morning :( Still not messing with it......
I'm going to try to make a cup feeder for it, when I place food on it....the tangs keep stealing it

scott t

Well I am glad it is starting to look better.. I hope that is fully recovers. Darn tangs stealing the poor corals food.. Maybe do the bottle method that I have see people doing with the 2 liter bottle that might work also...

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T http:///forum/thread/381462/help-with-tongue-coral/60#post_3324049
Well I am glad it is starting to look better.. I hope that is fully recovers. Darn tangs stealing the poor corals food.. Maybe do the bottle method that I have see people doing with the 2 liter bottle that might work also...
It's not better Scott.....it's worse...The spot has gotten larger...maybe I should have said the tissue has receded more

scott t

OH Meowzer I must have read it wrong... Im sorry to hear that... Wow thats really really stinks.. So there is no Improvement at all =( Hummm and you still think nothing is nipping, chewing or picking at it? can you post another pic of it?

meowzer

Bad news...not only has the spot grown, I have now notice 2 more small spots....they are on the bottom rim....in this pic you can only see one of teh new ones though...Now what????

gill again68

Were you able to QT it at all? Sorry if that has been done. I have been back and forth checking this thread. I was looking to buy one so I have been watching this. I also thought someone mentioned fragging it? I know thats the last thing you want to do but would that rid it of its problem? Wish I had some answers and not more questions. Hope you are feeling better as well.

btldreef

I would leave it a lot for a little bit, but honestly, I think you're going to end up having to frag this piece before all is said and done :(

spanko

I agree, the spots are not big enough, nor does the surrounding tissue look bad enough yet to frag, but if it keeps progressing fragging is going to be the way to go.

meowzer

So what household tools could be used...LOL...I don't own dremmel drills and all that

if needed that is

S

shrimpy brains

If you own a drill, you may be able to buy a dremmel attachment that would work.

S

smartorl

For plates, I have used a regular drill with one of those cutting disks. A friend of mine used a grinder head thingie and used the edge and it also worked well. Kind of like the idea when you get your nails done in a shop. It's really not as daunting as you think.

btldreef

Table saws work well.
I've seen people do it with bone cutters (like you use for chicken) but I'm not brave enough to try that.

meowzer

LOL...I don;t have a table saw.....I think I'll look for the drill attachment..JIC I end up needing it

meowzer

YIKES...what a difference a day makes :( Much worse tonight. My husband is working nights tonight, so tomorrow afternoon when he goes to vote :) he will pick up something to fit our drill....I don't have a good feeling on this one

S

smartorl

Holy wow! Huge downturn. I'm sorry meowzer. You could always try the glue theory since you are going to frag it anyway. Come on, you know you wanna!

luvmyreef

Sorry to hear about this meowzer. I didnt read this whole thread, but did you try to dip it, or even move it off the sand bed? I def. think you will have to frag it to save it. Its ok though, I just had to break off a small piece of my pink birdsnest that was atleast 5in, all of it was turning white, but it worked, and now the little frag is starting to grow good. I did notice that at night the bristleworms and amphipods would eat on the dying part.....

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///forum/thread/381462/help-with-tongue-coral/60#post_3324575
Sorry to hear about this meowzer. I didnt read this whole thread, but did you try to dip it, or even move it off the sand bed? I def. think you will have to frag it to save it. Its ok though, I just had to break off a small piece of my pink birdsnest that was atleast 5in, all of it was turning white, but it worked, and now the little frag is starting to grow good. I did notice that at night the bristleworms and amphipods would eat on the dying part.....
I put lugols on the spot the other day...then left it be
I thought these are supposed to be on the sand???