10 Degrees In Southern Arizona-Global Whating Again?

mantisman51

In December several cities across SoAz set all time cold records and this morning was the coldest morning on record here. In the upper Mid-West it was the coldest November on record. Now if one of the left-wingers can explain how it is getting warmer, when it is getting colder, I'd be glad to hear it. Also, Cancun set record lows when the "Global Warming Summit" (ie;"Extract More Money From US Tax Payers" Conference) was there in November. So please explain to me how it is getting warmer when it is actually getting colder again? "Pay no attention to the fool behind the curtain". Don't believe what is happening, believe what liars (proven in black and white in their own writing) is telling us? Come on people, even you lefties have got to see what is really happening with this garbage. I am all for lowering CAFE. I am all for aggressively lowering energy consumption; I am building a rammed earth house with off-grid solar for crying out loud. But come on lefties this has got to be getting old for even you dyed in the pink lefties. I am on board with conservation, but please stop lying to me and to everyone else. This shell game has got to stop!

bionicarm

You do realize it's winter time right now, correct? You know, The Four Seasons? The Earth's axis is tilted away from the Sun for the Northern Hemisphere? The warming of the Earth can create adverse changes in the atmosphere. So just as you will have unusually warm/hot summers due to global warming, you'll also have unusally cold winters in the wintertime. Case in point - massive snow storms on both Coasts, snow in Phoenix, freezing temperatures in Miami. Did you notice how Australia is experiencing massive flooding of "biblical proportions"? It's unseasonally hot in the Southern Hemisphere (you know, summertime)? All the "Anti-Warmers" have this misnomer and vision that because scientists are stating there is Global Warming, that we should have year-round heat waves. Doesn't work that way.

mantisman51

Exactly, that means the Earth is NOT experiencing "global warming" or the cold would be "less cold"-you know "warming". I have come to believe you true believers have made global warming and the junk science behind it your religion. You can follow the pied piper without question because that is where your faith lies. And where the Catholic church burned unbelievers at the stake, so to do you true believers those who actually think. This is crazy Bionic, THE COLD WOULD BE LESS COLD IF IT WERE WARMING! It is that simple. Why won't you even take one second to THINK? These people are out to get your money and your freedom! Why can't people like you see this? THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING! They were caught trying to cover up the cooling that took place from 2000-2010. Good God! This is insanity! Yeah, I'm getting more than a little exercised about this. Is it that difficult to think for ourselves and see that the climate changes and it does get warmer and colder and nothing has changed! If the overall temperature of the globe has increased, so would the cold temperatures-it would not be getting as cold as it was.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344012
Exactly, that means the Earth is NOT experiencing "global warming" or the cold would be "less cold"-you know "warming". I have come to believe you true believers have made global warming and the junk science behind it your religion. You can follow the pied piper without question because that is where your faith lies. And where the Catholic church burned unbelievers at the stake, so to do you true believers those who actually think. This is crazy Bionic, THE COLD WOULD BE LESS COLD IF IT WERE WARMING! It is that simple. Why won't you even take one second to THINK? These people are out to get your money and your freedom! Why can't people like you see this? THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING! They were caught trying to cover up the cooling that took place from 2000-2010. Good God! This is insanity! Yeah, I'm getting more than a little exercised about this. Is it that difficult to think for ourselves and see that the climate changes and it does get warmer and colder and nothing has changed! If the overall temperature of the globe has increased, so would the cold temperatures-it would not be getting as cold as it was.
Do you understand the concepts of climatology? Do you understand the principles behind how we have summer, spring, winter, and fall? You have the word "warming" stuck in that feable brain of yours. It's called "change in our atmospheric conditions". Simply put, when the Earth gets WARMER, then the rivers, lakes, and oceans evaporate more quickly into the atmosphere. When you add more condensation into the atmosphere, you get more rain and SNOW (in regards to wintertime).
Who are "these people"? How is proecting our environment going to take away my freedoms? Where do you come up with stuff like this? You're getting "more than a little exercised"? Then I guess you need to sit down and rest a little. Getting all that "exercise" is restricting the blood flow to your brain.

aquaknight

People who are generally for protecting the environment, and those that reasonably disbelieve that a rise in an atmospheric gas, that consists of half of 1% of the atmosphere, is affecting global temperatures at the rate we're lead to believe, doesn't have to be mutually exclusively. AGW theorists, that's all they ever will be, can throw up graphs of CO2 and rising temps all they want, but there is, and never will be, a connection between the two. Planet Earth has always been very cyclical with it's temps, and will likely continue to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344067
Do you understand the concepts of climatology? Do you understand the principles behind how we have summer, spring, winter, and fall? You have the word "warming" stuck in that feable brain of yours. It's called "change in our atmospheric conditions". Simply put, when the Earth gets WARMER, then the rivers, lakes, and oceans evaporate more quickly into the atmosphere. When you add more condensation into the atmosphere, you get more rain and SNOW (in regards to wintertime).
Who are "these people"? How is proecting our environment going to take away my freedoms? Where do you come up with stuff like this? You're getting "more than a little exercised"? Then I guess you need to sit down and rest a little. Getting all that "exercise" is restricting the blood flow to your brain.

Ya, just like you thought CO2 emissions caused the hole in the ozone...
Probably back it down a little bit there sparky...
A fun fact, as use of CFC's continues to drop off, and that "hole above Antarctica" in the ozone begins to repair itself, guess what? Temps are going to go up!

mantisman51

Let's see, the Earth's temp is going up, but it's getting colder. Yup, it takes a feeble mind to understand that. Oh, there are four seasons and the Earth warms and cools as always. Yup, must be man made. You really gonna grasp at those straws? Everything you are saying IS HAPPENING is the natural cycle of our planet. Anyone still on the fence about this, notice even the True Believers are falling back on "Climate Change" instead of global warming because their warming theory is crap. These peoples gurus were conspiring together to LIE about the 10 years of cooling, yet they still believe. Makes Moonies seem sane if you think about it.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344102
Let's see, the Earth's temp is going up, but it's getting colder. Yup, it takes a feeble mind to understand that. Oh, there are four seasons and the Earth warms and cools as always. Yup, must be man made. You really gonna grasp at those straws? Everything you are saying IS HAPPENING is the natural cycle of our planet. Anyone still on the fence about this, notice even the True Believers are falling back on "Climate Change" instead of global warming because their warming theory is crap. These peoples gurus were conspiring together to LIE about the 10 years of cooling, yet they still believe. Makes Moonies seem sane if you think about it.
OK. Then why have there been massive snow storms on both our Coasts, enough snow to completely shut down every airport in Europe and England, snow in Phoenix, freezing temperatures in Miami, and enough rain in Australia to flood an area larger than the size of France and Germany combined? These are just normal weather patterns to you?
When the Ice Age occurred, there weren't 3 billion humans living on the planet blowing carbon emmissions out of their gas guzzlers, shooting emissions from coal factories and oil refineries in the air, and destroying natural resources like the Amazon Rain Forest at alarming levels. Coral reefs are dying at an alarming rate in the Indian Ocean because the water temp has risen 2 degrees. Guess that's just underwater volcanoes letting off a little steam.
Go ahead and disbelive the theories. Of course there's no global warming. It's all a myth. Big Brother just wants YOU. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ironeagle2006

30 Years ago it was get ready for the Next Ice Age. What is Happeneing is Normal we have no way to determine if this is out of Normal for the earth. We have only been keeping Accurate Temprature records for around 120 years. That is nothing in the lifetime of the earth. For all you People that Scream we need to Protect teh Planet. Just remember this 99% of all animals that have lived here on Earth are EXTINCT less than 1% of anything that has lived is still Breathing. Earth will kill us meaning Humans like it did the Dinosaurs when our time is past.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344117
30 Years ago it was get ready for the Next Ice Age. What is Happeneing is Normal we have no way to determine if this is out of Normal for the earth. We have only been keeping Accurate Temprature records for around 120 years. That is nothing in the lifetime of the earth. For all you People that Scream we need to Protect teh Planet. Just remember this 99% of all animals that have lived here on Earth are EXTINCT less than 1% of anything that has lived is still Breathing. Earth will kill us meaning Humans like it did the Dinosaurs when our time is past.
Dinousaurs were killed by an asteroid. Ever see the imaging of that big hole in the ocean down by Mexico?
I find it laughable when anyone gets all emotional about the discussion of Global Warming. The claims are we are wasting money trying to avert something that will never happen or is a myth. But as you stated, we really don't know. Let's say all this scientific evidence is just a rouge made up to get people to spend more money on useless "green" products. But then again, what if they are right?

wangotango

Go look at some of the data published by NOAA and other international atmospheric and oceanographic agencies. The Earth's average temperature has risen. That doesn't mean that it's getting equally warmer in Phoenix AZ, Rochester NY, or Moscow at the same time... See if the number of yearly hurricanes, record high/low temperatures has been constant too...

reefraff

According to the global warming devotees the higher concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere absorbs more infrared radiation from the earths surface that would normally escape out into space and the resulting heat is mostly radiated back at the planet's surface causing warming. OK, seems like a decent theory. Infrared is the most effective range of the electromagnetic spectrum for heating objects. However, That same CO2 also absorbs the infrared radiation from the sun and most of that resulting heat is radiated back into space. So if the higher concentration of CO2 is preventing the infrared radiation from the sun from striking the earth the planet's surface isn't getting as hot as it would with less CO2. Seems to me CO2 concentration would have little or no effect and might possibly even cause temperatures to slightly drop.
The infrared radiation from the planet surface is a result of surface heating from the sun. If that nasty CO2 is preventing the most efficient heating range of the electromagnetic spectrum from the sun from reaching the earth's surface it wont get as warm as it normally would. If the surface isn't getting as warm it will emit less infrared radiation than it normally would. Seems to me the heat from the infrared trapped in the higher concentration of CO2 would only make up for the heat loss from the decreased amount of infrared striking the planet in the first place.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344335
The infrared radiation from the planet surface is a result of surface heating from the sun. If that nasty CO2 is preventing the most efficient heating range of the electromagnetic spectrum from the sun from reaching the earth's surface it wont get as warm as it normally would. If the surface isn't getting as warm it will emit less infrared radiation than it normally would. Seems to me the heat from the infrared trapped in the higher concentration of CO2 would only make up for the heat loss from the decreased amount of infrared striking the planet in the first place.
Could it be possible that infrared radiation from the Sun is only a small portion of the radiation emitted by the Sun? If so, could it also be possible that most of the other radiation isn't stopped a easily by CO2 and reaches the Earth? Once reaching the earth could the energy warm the Earth and then be converted to more infrared radiation than what initially was reflected away?

fishtaco

Could global warming if real, save us from the next ice age, seems like as a planet it would be easier to survive increased sea levels and warmer temps instead of half of the U.S. being under 300 ft of ice?
Fishtaco

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344527
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344335
Could it be possible that infrared radiation from the Sun is only a small portion of the radiation emitted by the Sun? If so, could it also be possible that most of the other radiation isn't stopped a easily by CO2 and reaches the Earth? Once reaching the earth could the energy warm the Earth and then be converted to more infrared radiation than what initially was reflected away?
From what I've read Infrared is a major component of sunlight, just most is blocked by the atmosphere while visible light easily passes through.

mantisman51

Nope Bionic, there is no snow on the coasts and Arizona is not experiencing record cold, obviously the Earth is warming up so it's not possible. The season's are going the way of the dodo as we all enter a permanent summer. Nothing normal about temperatures going up and down. No sir, it's all a man made phenomena. The Earth is warming up, but temperatures are going down? It's hotter in some places and colder in others, hmmmm, must be man made. So when Alaska and Siberia were temperate grasslands and the mammoths and sabertooth tigers roamed, those damned neolithic humans must have been burning coal and turning the a/c up far too often. Yep weather changing is definitely man made.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344786
Nope Bionic, there is no snow on the coasts and Arizona is not experiencing record cold, obviously the Earth is warming up so it's not possible. The season's are going the way of the dodo as we all enter a permanent summer. Nothing normal about temperatures going up and down. No sir, it's all a man made phenomena. The Earth is warming up, but temperatures are going down? It's hotter in some places and colder in others, hmmmm, must be man made. So when Alaska and Siberia were temperate grasslands and the mammoths and sabertooth tigers roamed, those damned neolithic humans must have been burning coal and turning the a/c up far too often. Yep weather changing is definitely man made.
Glad you finally understand. So now can you stop getting your panties in a bind over something you can do nothing about?

deejeff442

how is protecting our environment taking our freedom away bio?how about we HAVE TO use new light bulbs full of mercury to name one.adding a crappy additive like ethanol to our fuel to raise the price.i am sure if i cared i could come up with plenty more

reefraff

Forcing power companies to dump coal in favor of natural gas even though technology exists to make coal about as clean as gas for a fraction of the cost. Low water consumption toilets that use less water to flush but you gotta flush twice to finish the job. Don't even get me started on some of the emissions control devices on cars.

ironeagle2006

Or in the OTR trucking Industry Where 10 Years ago I got 7-8 MPG Avarage even though I idled my Engine to keep Kool or Warm as needed. Now they are lucky to 4-5 MPG with the Same Ratios and Setup that I ran with Better Areodynamics running slower down the Highway. I was running between 65-70 MPH now the same company has turned the fleet down to 60-62 MPH. So how are they saving the Planet when it is taking 70% more Fuel on avarage and they are running 100 miles LESS in a day solo 200 miles LESS as a team. Just how in the HELL are they saving the Planet.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/382848/10-degrees-in-southern-arizona-global-whating-again#post_3344857
how is protecting our environment taking our freedom away bio?how about we HAVE TO use new light bulbs full of mercury to name one.adding a crappy additive like ethanol to our fuel to raise the price.i am sure if i cared i could come up with plenty more
Last time I checked, the same old light bulbs I've used for decades are still on the market. Can still buy a no-named brand box of four for $3 - $4. Shoot, go out and buy a bunch of metal hallides and hang them all over your house as far as I care. You might have a $500 light bill, but het, who cares. The only environment it'll hurt is yours.
I did find this info on incandescents vs. flourescent bulbs:
Electrical power equivalents for differing lamps

Electrical power consumption
Watts (W)

Minimum light output[sup][20]
lumens (lm)

Compact fluorescent
[sup][citation needed
][/sup]

Incandescent[20][/sup]

8–9

9–15