100g Volitan/Rhinopias tank build.

spanko

Damn! Heat exchanger = aluminum usually
Repair aluminum by welding = not likely.
Repair not likely = new heat exchanger
New heat exchanger = most likely more expensivetime consuming than purchasing a new chiller.
Purchase new chiller = Damn!

S

shrimpy brains

He's so cool!!
Is that so much of a close up, that the sand looks huge? Or is that cc?

rlablan

Went to the dallas world aquarium and saw 3 of the eschies (sp?) in a tank with anthias. Just gorgeous. I got a video of them and I will post it later. I saw them and thought "cranberry!" lol.
They were like a light yellow color. I have never seen your guy that color...
Actually, I am not sure if it is what you call the frondosa or the eschi... maybe they are the same thing? I dunno...
Will post later for ya.

S

saxman

it's #3 grade aragonite. average grain size is about 2 mm. it lays down better than sugar fine, and stays loose enuff for the fish to burrow in.

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by saxman
http:///forum/post/3225836
it's #3 grade aragonite. average grain size is about 2 mm. it lays down better than sugar fine, and stays loose enuff for the fish to burrow in.
Very nice! I like the look of it. Think I will try to find some for when I do my scorp tank! Thanks!

skate020

very nice, i must say, you do like your ugly but beautiful fish lol,
they goblin, the bearded ghoul thing, there so ugly but yet again are soo cool!
cant wait to see him go in, how big is he?

cranberry

He's about 4-5"? I'm often way off on the size thing. I'll put a measuring tape to him when he get in front of the glass. He won't be going in for awhile.

fmarini

Stingfish are in the same family as stonefish, they pack an ungodly, almost lethal sting, hence the name, but they arent lions or lionfish. However they do fall under the family tree of cheek-spine fish, scorpaenidae
Equally as cool looking