10k vs 14k vs 20k pics

digitydash

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
oh most definitely...im so excited about it i dont even want to go to work in the morning...lol...also the fact i havent had MH for the last 2 months almost
Its chrismas in september

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by digitydash
Its chrismas in september

i got an ocean master test kit also being delivered tomorrow...so it really is christmas in september...lol....

J

jrthomas40

well here they are...cant really tell the difference between the 15k only and the 15k w/ actinics....granted there is 1 actinic blue and 1 actinic white

badboyj

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
well here they are...cant really tell the difference between the 15k only and the 15k w/ actinics....granted there is 1 actinic blue and 1 actinic white
looks good to me , are you happy with the results....

J

jrthomas40

i am extremely happy...i love the color could be a "touch" more blue but i am very pleased...next purchase will probably be a CA reactor or RO/DI unit

J

jrthomas40

yours seem bluer than mine too...do you supplement with any other bulb??

75bownut

No that is daytime lighting I do have actinics but they are only for dusk and dawn.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by 75bownut
No that is daytime lighting I do have actinics but they are only for dusk and dawn.

so what is your lighting cycle then??

75bownut

my cycle is actinics on at 7am till 8am then 1 main bulb on till 9am,other bulb comes on at 9am ,those stay on till 6pm. bulb 1 kicks off and at 7 pm bulb 2 kicks off actinics come on till 8pm then those go off at 845pm then at 9 pm moonlights come on. lots of timer's and everything is independent.

digitydash

I have heard it has someting to do with the way the balist and transformer are made on how much blue is givin off.I hear magnetic gives off more than non-magnetic but I have no idea how to know what mine is

J

jrthomas40

i have a blue wave dual hqi ballast...i dont know how to find out if it is a magnetic or non magnetic