110 gal Mixed Reef Build. 180 gal System

lubeck

This is with only two bulbs on and LEDs at 50%. I love this light. I think I'm going to look into a cheap windows tablet to hang by the controller? That way I can make adjustments easy and it will be touch screen.
My fish are so much more colorful now. I love the red even though violets would be nice too. Now we wait and see how the corals respond. I can say that the colors do pop a lot more now and see the potential. The true test will be on my blue acro if it comes back to the deep blue it had when I bought it. Now it's just very light blue and brown. I'm assuming this acro needs high intensity light? I never can understand which blue acros need a lot light and those that don't ?

lubeck

Bad news. My external overflow pulled a couple mm so when I came home last night at least 10 gallons of water everywhere. I fixed the part that was leaking only to find the same side leaking in another spot. I did my best to try and squeeze some weld on 4 but really couldn't get in enough for it to go completely clear. Not sure what to do.
My new lights are cooking my corals so I need to lower the LEDs even more.
Couple shots of the tank with the iPhone. I can't get a pic. Everything is blue.

edat

That sucks. I wish I knew more about acrylic to be able to help you out.
How often do you feed your Anthias?

lubeck

Some before and after shots

A little bleaching from my new lights

It lost the deep color but think it will come back with the new lights

://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh542/lubecky1/?action=view&current=IMG_6140_zpsd7c85095.jpg" target="_blank">

lubeck

Some new shots

30-99CE-D1E270E7B7F8-12943-00001B5B0F70C5F9_zps6b3417df.jpg" target="_blank">

ucket.com/albums/hh542/lubecky1/0B33971C-0677-4CC4-B28D-5E659B0A6CD8-12943-00001B5A8B467F94_zpsf8b342a2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos" />

lubeck

Thanks Seth. I still love kessils but I really think I would have to be a lot more skilled to use them for sps. Or, I would really need to make sure there would be less fluctuation with my water parameters. I have seen a lot of sps tanks with kessils that have Kept great color, just not mine. I will know by the end of January if it was my lights or if it was my water parameters that were prohibiting my sps corals to pop.
I will add that I'm going through a gallon of #2 calcium every two weeks now. I just invested in bulk 5 gallon buckets for storage of two part and also purchased the brs soda and calcium chloride in 5 gal buckets. I should really see things taking off now over the winter