120 upgrade

mech-a-nic

Well I just got my 120 tank it should be here tomarrow

Upgrading from my 75
Built my stand tonight I think it was overkill but better safe than sorry
all 2x4 but the 1x3 to for a "lip" around the top. I will add pics wen the tank arives.
120 with dual megaflows. got a little giant 977446 might need to upgrade it too

mech-a-nic

tanks here

Got a 75 on order for my Fug
(Got a 10 for the pump to sit in for now)
Mixed some salt in tonight if all goes well might get rock tomarrow or the next day.

i<3reefs

Are you going to skin your stand? I have a great link from a guy who builds stands, and I have a website you can order cabinets doors from. Really good looking frame, I'll be building one this week for my 90g as well. If you decide to skin it I would recommend painting the inside white. Really hides the salt creep well.

mech-a-nic

SCORE got 100 lbs of dry former live rock from a tank that crashed. for 100.00
also got 52 lbs from LFS for 200.00.
Hand picked for "building blocks" wish LEGO made live rock lol put the base rocks down and added sand around them. Hope to be able to see the back of the tank tomarrow. Ill add pics when it clears up.

mech-a-nic

Ok Fuge is in
1 day late
But here. The silicone is drying as I type. I started on the hood also. I think I am going with a retro kit with 2 250 watt MH and 2 T5's for lights and the skimmer is up in the air so far. Any Ideas Im all ears

hey if you could take some good pictures of how you built your canopy if would be very grateful, i am going to build my own soon and would like to see how you do it, thanks :D.

mech-a-nic

So the fuge is the same size as the tank?
The Fuge is 75 gallon 48x18x21 the Display tank is a 120 gallon 48x24x24

hey if you could take some good pictures of how you built your canopy if would be very grateful, i am going to build my own soon and would like to see how you do it, thanks :D.
I will some step by step post pics tonight as I finish it ..... or at least get it closer

nigerbang

120's are a great size.. I love the dimensions of them.. here is an older shot of mine.. I suck with a camera

mech-a-nic

suspectcobra hey if you could take some good pictures of how you built your canopy if would be very grateful, i am going to build my own soon and would like to see how you do it, thanks :D.
Here is a link to a tread I started on the hood LOTS OF PICS

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/359101/hood-build-step-by-step-request#post_3052564

fanker

looks like a fun build i wish i guilt my own stand for my tank. im not a fan of black. and i want to build a good but once again i dont like black haha, u did a great job, the stand looks really sturdy and well built.

mech-a-nic

Ok Fuge is in and running

Plumming is in and done
(still need to get pcv clamps)
Now just waiting for it to Cycle.....

O ya I rembered to use pipe cement this time bet it will not leak

Also added my seahorse handles.
Still looking for ideas for skimmer and lighting.....

mech-a-nic

ok got it cycling... I added shrimp at the start to get it going and sand from my 75... plus 52 lbs of live rock to the 100 lbs of dead rock. The ammonia went up and is now at 0? little quick but whatever. the ph is at 8.2 the NO2 is at 1.0 and NO3 is at 15ppm for 2 days so I tossed a chromis I had in to see how it goes.

mech-a-nic

ya Lowes has a door to order you just give them the mesurements and its about 3 week turnaround. the doors run from 38.00 to what ever you want to spend each depending on style. I have not got the final plans done yet so doors are on hold. plan to get matching ones for the stand too

I also had my eye on a small sink to put in there....who dosn't need a sink next to the tank
Then I can move my RO unit there too
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH to many ideas to little time

Also trying to figure out lighting and skimmer

My head hurts I need a drink

meowzer

Originally Posted by Mech-a-nic
http:///forum/post/3055857
ya Lowes has a door to order you just give them the mesurements and its about 3 week turnaround. the doors run from 38.00 to what ever you want to spend each depending on style. I have not got the final plans done yet so doors are on hold. plan to get matching ones for the stand too

I also had my eye on a small sink to put in there....who dosn't need a sink next to the tank
Then I can move my RO unit there too
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH to many ideas to little time

Also trying to figure out lighting and skimmer

My head hurts I need a drink

LOL...I beat you to your last comment....