120 upgrade

mech-a-nic

ok added a dozen or so hermits to the tank and 6 to the fuge today. I also ran the screen all the way up the back on the advice of my LFS just to be safe. Cromis is doing great the water is the same as yesterday.

teresaq

Nice build.
Where did you get those seahorse handles. I would love them for my seahorse tank.
T

mech-a-nic

Nice build.
Where did you get those seahorse handles. I would love them for my seahorse tank.
T
Lowes, I had to special order them tough.

mech-a-nic

Ok Got my top off tank set up. Pumped and plumed now just got to find a auto top off system I like or at least a good float switch.

meowzer

Do you have an ro/di maker? WHen I got mine I ordered a float, and we cut a hole in the sump and put the float in there....Don't need any switches with that, the ro/di unit has a shut off thingy.

mech-a-nic

my ro/di unit is a long way from the tank. The plan is to have the 10 gallon tank to pump from and Ill fill the 10 gallon tank that should last a week. I just bring jugs from the unit to refill that tank. Right now I just plug in the pump fill the sump unplug when it is full. I want a auto switch to control the pump.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Mech-a-nic
http:///forum/post/3057952
my ro/di unit is a long way from the tank. The plan is to have the 10 gallon tank to pump from and Ill fill the 10 gallon tank that should last a week. I just bring jugs from the unit to refill that tank. Right now I just plug in the pump fill the sump unplug when it is full. I want a auto switch to control the pump.
My ro/di unit is in the room next door...LOL...I had my husband run a line under the house, we then drilled a small hole in the floor by the tank, and ran the line in thru there.....I was sooooo tired of topping off 2-3g's per day in the 225....
I still have to top off my 54 and 29 though...I also have a 10g container in the other room that I have an ato..I keep it filled for w/c's and top offs of the small tanks

mech-a-nic

my plan it to pot a full sink in the counter next to the tank. When that gets done will move my ro uint then. the water lines are easy to run the drain is a little tricky.

mech-a-nic

Got my Switch rail and installed it

my lights should be here Wensday at the latest (Crossing Fingers
)
Levels are doing great. Both Fish are A OK. Hermits walking around, Even found a Snail Hitchhiker roaming the glass
Ammonia 0

Nitrite .25

Nitrate 5 PMM

Ph 0

Gravity 1.024/32

Slight brown algie bloom

mech-a-nic

**UPDATE**
Levels are down now added Watchmen Goby tonight.

Nitrates 0
nitrites 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.3
Gravity 1.024
Lights should be here tomarrow

mech-a-nic

Light are IN

Installed them into the hood

Pluged them In ...... One of the ballist was DOA

It looks like it is fryed where the power goes into the ballist. heard it sizzle and pop as I pluged it in

O well going to take it back tomarrow.
The rest of the lights work great.
levels are all great tonight

Found flat worms in my tank i plan to transfer stuff out of treated for them
O YA ordered skimmer too

mech-a-nic

LSF Gave me a ballest to use till my replacement came in

OK treated the tank Flatworms DOA

I plan to "Dip" everything befor it goes into the new tank. And I am going to treat it For flatworms after the move

4th the day with 0,0,0,8.2 So I am moving everyone now.
My Skimmer will be here Wensday so I am using my old one till it gets here

Got a G3 For 280 Dlivered to my door

I will Post Pics tomarrow I hope
Got a lot to Do First.

mech-a-nic

ok most are moved and the levels are:
Amnionia 0
NO2 0
NO3 0
Ph 8.2
Calcium 360
Alkalinity 5.03