120 upgrade

mech-a-nic

water lvls are still good Nitrates are creeping up a little. Probly has to do with the small skimmer and the fact the "reef safe" Blue Jaw Triggers killed my cleaner shrimp and I think a peppermint too.
I Have 1 out and back to the store for credit, the 2ed will go there tomarrow he is in the sump at the moment.
New skimmer will be here tomarrow

I will give it a try to lower Nitrates if they dont go down after it is installed It will be time for a H2O change.

bmkj02

Did I overlook something but has this tanked cycled yet? Seems like Nitrates are going up due to cycling issues. Im concern about the live stock you have in there already. Sweet setup though. Im going to follow

mech-a-nic

Did I overlook something but has this tanked cycled yet?
As far as I know as soon as Nitrites and Ammonia Zero out for a few days It should be Cycled.... If I am wrong please let me know
The Nitrates go up and down with Water qualty......Once again if I am wrong let me know

Skimmer is here
ASM G-3 Protein Skimmer
It is in foaming up a storm

Props to my LFS they Took back the triggers and gave me a full refund so I picked up a Kole Tang and a small Maroon clown. They even replaced My Cleaner Shrimp The triggers killed no charge.

All levels are great but Nitrates
Ph 8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10 PPM
Nitrates fell a little today 10ppm I will do water change if they dont 0 out soon. I would post pic but I left the camra in the truck and its raining cats and dogs.

mech-a-nic

Skimming nasty stuff now? Any Thoughts on Mods for skimmers? I cant help It I have to mess With everything

PS
Nitrates down to 5 PPM
Nitrites 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.4
Cal 400

meowzer

LOL...I have trouble taking good pics when the MH lights are on too....I though it was just cause I have a crappy camera

mech-a-nic

If I can get the flash to go off with the lights on I get good pics

Just made a Sliding Tray for my top-off tank.
Not sure If it will hold up But willing to give it a try

mech-a-nic

Ok Update....
Got the first coat of Stain on the stand and hood

Also added a Sailfin Tang - Desjardinii

Ill try to get a pic of him tomarrow

mech-a-nic

2ed and final coat of stain and sealer is on the tank

I added a hindged hood prop to stop me from smacking my head
or dropping the hood closed when I "bump" into the prop.

I found 2 small aptasia
I have 2 pepermints in there but thinking of a Copperband Butterfly

mech-a-nic

Added moonlights today

and I saw a little bit of aptasia so I added a Copperband too.

Hope I have better luck keeping this guy alive

meowzer

good luck with him...I hear they are hard to keep....I tried one...it was fine one day...dead the next....who knows

spanko

Not sure how he is doing or if he is on much anymore, but shoot crimzy a PM. He has one and it was doing fine a while ago.