1984 49ers Vs. 2007 Patriots

J

jrthomas40

if you are doing throw back vs present....why not throw the 88 bears in there or early steelers both throw back teams dominant defenses

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
if you are doing throw back vs present....why not throw the 88 bears in there or early steelers both throw back teams dominant defenses
im just doin this for kicks...49ers are my team and i just wanted to see what people thought...

sigmachris

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
Don't you mean the 85 bears, I don't recall the 88 team being any good. As of for the Steelers, a third of their team wouldn't pass a steroid test.
I haven't read the article yet, but I am surprised they didn't use the 89 Niners team, as most think that was their most dominant team in their dynasty.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
Don't you mean the 85 bears, I don't recall the 88 team being any good. As of for the Steelers, a third of their team wouldn't pass a steroid test.
I haven't read the article yet, but I am surprised they didn't use the 89 Niners team, as most think that was their most dominant team in their dynasty.
i was in the dilemma to use the 89' niners too...but i went with what the article said and used the 84' niners...

pontius

that site didn't work for me. but team I most relate to this NE team is the first Kurt Warner St Louis team that won the Superbowl. didn't they have the #1 all-time offense until this year?

sigmachris

Originally Posted by Pontius
that site didn't work for me. but team I most relate to this NE team is the first Kurt Warner St Louis team that won the Superbowl. didn't they have the #1 all-time offense until this year?
I believe the Pats are taking down the '98 Vikings for the most potent offense of all time...and as coincidence would have it Randy Moss was on both teams. Kind of makes his resume look better.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Pontius
im not sure about st.louis but its not all about offense with the 84' 49ers...i mean ronnie lott was one hard hitter...

J

jrthomas40

yeah thats what i meant the 85 bears...but either way it would be a pretty good game if it were playable probably better than any game we have seen this season

kjr_trig

I thought the 85 Bears were better than that 49er team....I think either would get thumped by the Pats from this year, its a bigger and faster game now. The defensive schemes today are much more complicated as well. Any team from the 80s would be outdated today.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
I thought the 85 Bears were better than that 49er team....I think either would get thumped by the Pats from this year, its a bigger and faster game now. The defensive schemes today are much more complicated as well. Any team from the 80s would be outdated today.
thats the beauty of any sport...they are always evolving...

sigmachris

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Seems to me the West Coast offense is still pretty popular throughout the league and still with a lot of success.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
Seems to me the West Coast offense is still pretty popular throughout the league and still with a lot of success.

sigmachris

Not to belittle the Pats because I think they are one of the great teams and they will be a dynasty, but their division was SOOO weak. They had 6 cake walks, OK maybe the Bills were a C+ / B- team but the Dolphins almost went 0-16 and the Jets are...well the Jets. What would the Pats be like if they played in the NFC East or AFC North where they had 6 hard fought division games.

ruaround

well since the 2007 Patriots havent won the Super Bowl i cant vote since the season isnt over... but this day in age with free agency i would right now lean towards the Pats... not to mention the team, QB and a WR all accomplished single season TD records...

sigmachris

Originally Posted by ruaround
well since the 2007 Patriots havent won the Super Bowl i cant vote since the season isnt over... but this day in age with free agency i would right now lean towards the Pats... not to mention the team, QB and a WR all accomplished single season TD records...
Do you know who held the record before Moss broke 22? Jerry Rice a Niner...bonus question do you know how many games it took Jerry to score 22?
Only 12 games before the a strike ended the season early.