1st disappointment from swf.com

nycbob

lol. i know what u r saying. i like to look at things from a positive point of view. i still dont see how the manager at swf.com can say the clam looks blue bc of my t5. this was actually my 2nd order the last 2 weeks. i ordered a gold maxima last week, and it looked gold! btw, his email address is mreed@saltwaterfish.com. maybe u guys can send him some email on my behalf.

meowzer

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3246719
lol. i know what u r saying. i like to look at things from a positive point of view. i still dont see how the manager at swf.com can say the clam looks blue bc of my t5. this was actually my 2nd order the last 2 weeks. i ordered a gold maxima last week, and it looked gold! btw, his email address is mreed@saltwaterfish.com. maybe u guys can send him some email on my behalf.

Call and use extension 101
ask for KIM....she will take care of you

nycbob

thanx. will call tmo. left voicemail this afternoon at ext 100, but no one call back. i rather talk to a live person than emailing back and forth.

ibanez

Personally, I think that you should make sure you exhaust all options before posting a thread like this. I am sure if you talk to Scott, who answers threads in the Questions for saltwaterfish.com part of the forum, he will remedy the situation. I agree with you being upset, but I think they will take care of the situation as soon as you talk to the right person, and all this fuming can get a little out of hand if it is premature.

I agree Iban BUT he did contact the company and they told him that his actinics will make it look blue? Basically treated him like a color blind idiot in my eyes and that is NOWAY to treat a customer never mind a repeat customer- If being part of this site means you cant vent a little when given an incorrect item-- then when addressed they treat me like Im an idiot and am looking at a green clam but because is under blue lighting I think its blue I will be leaving the site. You already cant mention any other sites on here because of the "business" side of it due to SWF being a business, if thats the case that "business" should have unrelenting customer service to keep people from going to other places to buy--LOYALTY IS GOLDEN AND SHOULD BE REWARDED WHEN WHEN ISSUES OCCUR....Just my .02

meowzer

What will get this thread closed is the banter between people....NYCBOB had an issue...why does it have to become an argument...you should do this......you should do do that...GEESH
I do not disagree about posting issues, we have a right to hear both sides as consumers ....BUT I do disagree with the "trashing" thoughts....and comments

nycbob

b4 this thread, i hv nothing but good things to say about swf.com. if u search my previous responses with people having problem, i hv always told them about the great customer service from swf.com. after emailing them pics and explaining my situation, and to hv them tell me its green, i got upset. maybe they will make this right tmo. i dont know. if they dont, it will make my buying decison easier in the future. overall, i like the quality of things from this site, even the blue (or green according to swf.com) clam i received today. btw thanx for the pm. i am shocked how passionate people r in regard to this thread.

am not trying to argue meowzer but right is right wrong is wrong and I hope they go the route they should with NYC- am sure they will. Wasnt trying to add to an argument of tell him what to do, told him about a product to where he can get a better shot of the clam is all. I have friends that have ordered from here as well and have been happy on the most part. But makes me a little weary about ordering if I will get a run around(not saying I would) if I have an issue is all. Bob good luck and hope everything works out

meowzer

Originally Posted by JimmyR1Rider
http:///forum/post/3246797
am not trying to argue meowzer but right is right wrong is wrong and I hope they go the route they should with NYC- am sure they will. Wasnt trying to add to an argument of tell him what to do, told him about a product to where he can get a better shot of the clam is all. I have friends that have ordered from here as well and have been happy on the most part. But makes me a little weary about ordering if I will get a run around(not saying I would) if I have an issue is all. Bob good luck and hope everything works out
Jimmy I didn't mean you directly....just "new" people who immediately want to "trash" places.....you know what I mean
Sorry BOB....Don't want to mess up you thread...;)

Ahh ok was starting to cry- and same here Bob back to your thread lol but I do think the company will do right by you- and listen you should buy green actinics lol

ibanez

Yes, those "new" people here are why I would suggest not creating a thread like this because they get the wrong inpression sometimes and start the "trashing". I think you were confident when you started this thread that this was just to get there attention to make it right, like they have with many others in the past---I just think you should have started it in the questions for saltwaterfish.com first.

blanquita

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3246617
I totally disagree with everything you said......I do not think TRASHING a good company is an appropraite cause of action at all
Sorry you were so offended. It was a suggestion. I really believe in this kind of luxury business they need to have amazing customer service. We pay hundreds of dollars for our products at a major premium.
I have deleted my post to prevent the thread from being deleted.

speg

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3246718
I have never heard of such a thing with different lighting. SWF customer service rep was full of bs
First order I ever made was terrible and I have not ordered since. Customer service was bad too. Just a little hint. Even though you might get that $5 back you have to spend like a minimum of $25 or $30 in order to use that credit. crazy!
I just like to come on here for the message board
CAUSE I LOVE YA'LL
Unfortunately this was my same scenario.

nwdyr

just the fact that this thread has been allowed to go on this long , shows that they are asleep at the wheel!! IMO this site has gone down over the last year , its ashame b/c it used to be a fun place to be. I have started my threads at another site. I joined here 2yrs ago , left when they stopped caring about us and this site. Recently came back to see if the changed owners or management...guess I got my answer. My advice to them is to hire new people (plenty of out of work Americans right now) TRY to save this site , if it continues in the direction its going...well it wont be around long. Your prob. should have been taken care of long ago! Just shows me they DONT care

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, all. This thread is totally misleading and should be in the ask swf.com section. I am willing to copy and paste the entire correspondence that has occurred. We have NOT stated it is blue. I have asked for a photo from above because they are not the same colorations from the side as they are from the top. I have stated that I would like to resolve this issue. If he was shipped the wrong item we will resolve it to the customers advantage.

nycbob

misleading? i hv the email u guys sent me below
Bob,
This is an auto-generated email from an address that does not accept replies.
The case number 1004 has been updated.
You can check this case status by visiting this web page:
(Hotmail users may need to copy/paste this link into a browser manually.)
Important: If you have a "this is not spam" button in your email program, please
click it to ensure you receive our next email when a representative responds to
this case.
Ticket status: New
Department: Marine Life Sales Support
Subject: swf-499xx
Hello,
I have reviewed all of the emailed pictures. Unfortunately without a phtot of
the clam from above the clam we cannot tell the true color.
The true color is not seen from the side. Please stand over top of the clam and
view it, then view it from the side. You will note that there are noticeable
changes when you view it from different angles. The true color is seen from
above.
You will note that different spectrum lighting will also show differences in the
color.
Please provide me with pictures from the top so that I may resolve this issue on
your behalf.
Sincerely,
Saltwaterfish.com

speg

No offense to you Bob, but it seems like they simply want a top-down pic. They're not calling you a liar, but they're just covering all bases as a business should.
Get a pic from the top and all should be fine, right?