20g Long Nano

mboswell1982

ok guys, here's what im lookin at since i talked thegf into lettin me do a nano now and then our big tanks next summer when we get our place
1x 20g long tank
1x current usa nova sundial T5HO 30" 4x24w light fixture
and rotary is gonna show me a way to set up a 10g sump/fuge that will include everything i need for that for less than 200 bucks
now, what size powerheads and how many should i have?
and finally
20lbs LR and 20lbs LS

patrick8929

very nice man! i have 1 maxi jet 400 and it works fine. for you i would put one of each on either side so you get flow all the way across the tank

mboswell1982

should i also do the Reef Octopus BH 100SS Hang on Back Protein Skimmer? or is a skimmer needed?
now, for a stocklist im lookin at
2x Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish, tank bred of course
2x Wheeler's Watchman Goby-do these guys pair up with shrimp or no?
and maybe a firefish, would that work?

mboswell1982

maxi jet 400? is that similar to the koralia 1's? swf has em for sale for 27.99 and i thought that was a pretty good deal on those bad boys

mboswell1982

and weve even got a desk, hand made even, that will be perfect for a stand, just put the sump/fuge behind the tank, paint the back of the tank black, and design a canopy that will cover up the sump/fuge along with the lights :D

mboswell1982

dude, i like those maxi jet 400's, ill definitely be looking into getting a pair of those guys, one on either side of the tank, opposite of each other, but not directly across, put one next to one corner, and put one diagonally next to the opposite corner

patrick8929

nice! and no need for the skimmer just regular water changes! i would say thats an alright list im not sure about the gobies. i would do one of them and one fire fish

patrick8929

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2844350
dude, i like those maxi jet 400's, ill definitely be looking into getting a pair of those guys, one on either side of the tank, opposite of each other, but not directly across, put one next to one corner, and put one diagonally next to the opposite corner
sound like a plan!

mboswell1982

sweetness, now to just get the money together, im plannin on havin this stuff ready to set up and add water, rock, and sand to by christmas

mboswell1982

now im just waitin on rotary to get back from dinner so he can show me how to set up this sump/fuge he was tellin me about that i could do the whole set up for less than 200 bucks LOL

1990jpyj

i would love to see that sump when you get the info on it. as far as the fish go in my gfs 20gT:
2 clowns
1 blue w/yellow tail damsel
1 purple firefish
+ CUC
so i would say you would probly be fine with your stock list with the firefish added.

mboswell1982

sweet sweet, check out rotary's build thread, he's got the diagram, im gonna have to get him to explain everything to me lol and im definitely gonna need tos ee pics of this, but it looks fairly simplistic

1990jpyj

http:///forum/post/2844350
i think that might cause a whirlpool effect. im not 100% on that but it might cause that. i would put them like one facing upwards and one mid range of the tank sort of at each other but not.

mboswell1982

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i guess ill be experimenting LOL and it looks like im goin with the koralia 1's, on rotary's suggestion LOL he'd make a heckuva salesman for sw stuff LOL

rotarymagic

http:///forum/post/2844512
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i guess ill be experimenting LOL and it looks like im goin with the koralia 1's, on rotary's suggestion LOL he'd make a heckuva salesman for sw stuff LOL
At point I did tank maintenance and did alot of upselling lol..

mboswell1982

it figures LOL ok, so im lookin at 80 bucks, roughly, for that kit u got, 15 for the sump/fuge tank, 25 for the 20g long, 180 for the lights, 68 for the pump and 42 bucks for hte powerheads
that dont sound too bad at all, now i know im missing something, but cant think of what it is for the life of me

mckevinfang

i would do 2 knanos one each end
try pointing one up the other towards the middle front glass
for fish i would do:
- goby/shrimp combo
- 1 ora black clownfish