210 Tank Pics...11-01-06....New Rock and Corals

efishnsea

Hey Everyone
I finally got around to adding some of the cured Fiji live rock that I have had in my frag tank to fill in the left side of my 210. It took about 45lbs to fill in the open space. The approx total of rock in the tank is close to 600lbs. BTW the center piece of rock that makes the shelf weighs 75lbs.
I also added some red blastos, yellow leather(it is closed up), and a pink green pocipora(sp).
efish :happyfish nsea

efishnsea

Thanks for the comments, this is such an addicting hobbie I really have a problem....I need some help

puffer32

Originally Posted by Turbulence
too much rock.. I guess its ok if its just a coral tank
Just OK? Your crazy, its magnificient, think someones a bit jealous??? I know I am, great tank

efishnsea

Originally Posted by puffer32
Just OK? Your crazy, its magnificient, think someones a bit jealous??? I know I am, great tank

I dont think you can ever have too much rock as long as it looks ok :notsure: . If anything it benefits the tank and its creatures. Thanks for the comments
I look foward to seeing some pics of your tank, as every
tank I have ever seen is quite amazing.

miamireefr

Great looking tank but I agree that it's to much rock..but thats just me...I like to see some open room for the fish that need that space to not feel limited but from what I see in the pics there are small guys swimming around so definitely sweet...

efishnsea

Originally Posted by MiamiReefr
Great looking tank but I agree that it's to much rock..but thats just me...I like to see some open room for the fish that need that space to not feel limited but from what I see in the pics there are small guys swimming around so definitely sweet...
Thanks :joy: for the reply. The rock slopes back about a foot or so off of the bottom to the back glass. There is plenty of room and lots of caves and tunnels for the fish (only 5). Actually there is a 2' wide 16" high ledge in the center at the bottom that goes all the way to the back glass which is connected to a 1'x1' tunnel that runs the whole back side of the tank. It is not just piled in as I wanted lost of good circulation throughout the whole tank. You would have to see it in person to see what I'm talking about.

efishnsea

Originally Posted by bkvreef
What type of filtration, skimmer, etc. do you use?
The water flows over 2 blue/white filter pads and is skimmed with a Berlin . 3-250 mhs 4-96w actinicts and an artica 1/3hp chiller. My external mag drive pumps turn over approx. 2000gal/hr. Thats basically it......