220 FOWL Tank Diary

R

rcreations

Hey, great looking fish! I really like the Queen and Sohal.
I still think you added way too many fish at once in that QT but I hope it goes smooth for you.

hefner413

I like the bicolor. Here in WV, we call it the Mountaineer fish :eek:)
You may be able to keep your clown with the rest in the DT. He seems adult size. I have one in my aggressive tank. Does fine there. Clowns can be quite aggressive actually.

kylev

very nice additions...got me counting down the days till i get to add fish, which are way to many days :(

G

gtdarock

Hey Petey ! I was going to post an update last night, but I got home late from work and was really tired, and I still have God of War 3 wrapped up in plastic
. Anyways,all is well with the QT, the Bi-Color,Nemo,Queen and Sohal are doing fine. Actually,the Sohal and Queen are best buds. I dosed with Prazi and a half dose of Cupramine last night. Tonight will be the other dose of Cupramine. Now its time to keep an eye on the readings. As for the Passer, the place I order it from about a month ago,send me a refund,because they are not sure when they are getting some in. So I gotta do some more hunting, I did find a place online, but never heard of them. I'm kind of 50/50 on the Passer. I know its a great idea to add 2 angels to the display,so I can even out the Aggression between the Passer,Queen and my established Emperor. I'm just a little undecided about the color of the Passer. I was hoping for some bright colors from a large angel.
But I don't think any other angel will fit well with my setup. Any ideas guys-?

R

rcreations

I've never been a fan of the colors of the Passer, but it's just my personal taste. I think it looks kinda plain. My two favortie angels are the Queen and Emperor. I do like the look of the Annularis and Blue Face but I don't know how these two would work with your other fish. The annularis also has an interesting shape, something different. I saw a large one at my LFS and wow, what a beautiful fish!

G

gtdarock

Yep,the longer I take to get the other angel,the longer it will be for them to enter the display. I don't know, I need some suggestions,

crypt keeper

pick up a scribbled or annualaris congrats on keeping the fish doing well. looks like things are turning for the better!

peter1215

I would add a blueface or a scribbled plus they dont carry the potential aggression you would've gotten from a passer angel.

G

gtdarock

Thanks Crypt, I really appreciate that ! Peter, how are ya -? I did some research on the Scribble, and I'm ready ! Just have to find one now

skate020

they come across really easily down in england, im guessing its different there.
at my LFS atm theres a annularis and a scribbled in stock, and out of the two, i like the annularis for looks, but yehh

G

gtdarock

So an update on the QT guys, I just did a water change yesterday and re-dosed with Prazi and Cupramine. Both has been in the system for 9 days. As for the fishes, the Sohal is the champ,very active and eating flakes and seaweed, the clown is just a clown,lol and the the Queen stop picking at Mysis and flakes since last Sunday, so I'm a little worried about her. She don't seem interested in food, and likes to hide in a PVC most of the time. I'm thinking maybe the copper is affecting her?. As for the readings, everything is perfect

aquaknight

One thing I appreciate on the Annularis is it's tail. When multi-stocking angels, it's nice to have some angels that all don't have a yellow tail. The Annularis's white/gold-stripe is pretty cool/unique. Almost all Scribbleds seen in the hobby are out of Australia, maybe Papua New Guinea, hence their price, and seasonal occurrence. An adult Scribbled is indeed an amazing fish.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by GTDAROCK
http:///forum/post/3251355
SI'm thinking maybe the copper is affecting her?. As for the readings, everything is perfect
Yep, it's not by any stretch, unusually to stop eating during copper treatment. They seem to come around during treatment IME. Have you tried a fresh clam?

G

gtdarock

Hey guys ! Its been a very longtime. Hope all is well. Aqua, I tried a fresh clam, but no luck, the Queen eventually died three days ago. Sucks, because I never have luck with these guys. As for the QT, the Sohal and Clown been in there for almost a month with Cupramine and Prazi, and are doing really well. I did a water change last night,added Cuprisorb and carbon to remove the medics. I also have fish coming in tomorrow. 2 Flames, a Coral Beauty, a Bi-Color and yes another Queen Angel.
I swear this is my very last try with this fish. I was wondering what u guys think I should do with the Sohal -? QT it again with the Queen and Flames-? Or put it in the DT -? I'm just a little worried that if I put the Sohal in the DT and a month and a half later I put the Queen and dwarf angels in the DT, the Sohal might beat them up. I know the Sohal suppose to be the last fish put in the display. Then again I was just thinking about just canceling the order for the Queen and just leave the Emperor to rule the tank. I mean, its been in there for almost a year, so he might just bully any Angel I put in. What do you guys think -?

R

rcreations

I say put the Sohal in the tank and forget about the Queen angel

G

gtdarock

Hey Petey ! I was so busy at work, I didn't get a chance to cancel the order on the Queen, and she's on her way to New York. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She'll go into the 55 with two flames and I'll put the Sohal in the DT tom. I haven't put a fish in the display for almost a year now, so I'm anxious to see how it goes with the Sohal