240 Gallon "Rectangle of Life" Tank Diary

xcali1985

Sad day, no idea why, but my copperband died last night.
Maybe just a bad fish, he was active, just started eating the other day and now no more. :(

xcali1985

Little bit of an update.
Updated my Apex to 4.2 (BETA) and the new Dashboard is amazing.... screenshot below. You can move the tiles to where ever you want and in addition it now supports an IP Camera that can be embedded into the status page.
Secondly, Snowflake clowns are now part of the DT.

xcali1985

Added:
Blue Hornet Zoanthids
Purple Hornet Zoanthids
About to start collecting more zoanthids once my new GFO gets in.

xcali1985

Added: Golden Darth Maul Zoa
Been searching for this one for a long long time. Finally got it.
Although I still have about 10-15 more zoas that I want to add to the tank. I am shifting my focus onto sps and will probably be purchasing them in the near future.

xcali1985

So I think I know what my final fish purchases for my tank will be.
Achilles tang
Loubuti wrasse
Lineatus wrasse
Rhomboid wrasse
Maybe another firefish or two then I will be fully stocked.
Funny thing is I thought that I was pushing it with what I have but my bios are all at 0 and 1/2 the tank isn't used by the current fish for some reason.
Anyways, now I'm just saving up for the final run to finish stocking.
I've acquired some SPS. I'll list the names soon. Got them from a local frag swap. They aren't doing to well right now as the guy who had them didn't have the best lighting for them but we will see what a couple weeks under my lighting can do.

xcali1985

Was bored today, so I decided that I no longer liked the dark webpages of the Apex and I wanted colored toggles which it seems like Neptunes is reluctant to do. So I "hacked" their coding and did it myself. I also changed the look to a lighter theme.

xcali1985

Added Corals & Fish:
Secalle Acropora
Spotted Mandarin Dragonet (female)
Psychedelic Mandarin Dragonet (male)

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali1985 http:///t/391220/240-gallon-rectangle-of-life-tank-diary/80#post_3502047
Was bored today, so I decided that I no longer liked the dark webpages of the Apex and I wanted colored toggles which it seems like Neptunes is reluctant to do. So I "hacked" their coding and did it myself. I also changed the look to a lighter theme.

Cool. After I take care of new lights, I need to start saving for an Apex system. So friggin cool. Love what you did with the color scheme. Very Pro!!

xcali1985

I've worked on it even more and updated it, such as making the fonts more uniform along with adding borders around the buttons so they look more finished.

xcali1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali1985 http:///t/391220/240-gallon-rectangle-of-life-tank-diary/80#post_3501989
So I think I know what my final fish purchases for my tank will be.
Achilles tang
Loubuti wrasse
Lineatus wrasse
Rhomboid wrasse
Maybe another firefish or two then I will be fully stocked.
Funny thing is I thought that I was pushing it with what I have but my bios are all at 0 and 1/2 the tank isn't used by the current fish for some reason.
Anyways, now I'm just saving up for the final run to finish stocking.
I've acquired some SPS. I'll list the names soon. Got them from a local frag swap. They aren't doing to well right now as the guy who had them didn't have the best lighting for them but we will see what a couple weeks under my lighting can do.
So it's been a while since my last update. I have added a Rhomboid Wrasse to the tank. Beautiful fish and very active. It was a fish on my list to finish out the tank now only 3 fish left.
Achilles Tang. Loubuti Wrasse. & Lineatus Wrasse. 3 more fish.
On a side note, I'm opening a fish/reptile store in my area this spring and will probably off the boards for a while once it opens. Ill post every now and again on updates.

xcali1985

Had to remove the Melanarus Wrasse he was way to aggressive with the Rhomboid Wrasse. Used a fish trap was surprised how easy it was to catch him. Less than 10 minutes. Good thing he was greedy.
Also added Dual Cabinet lights to the stand and connected a switch to the apex breakout box so that when I open the stand doors the light auto turns on.

xcali1985

This will probably be my last post!
At least for the near future. I have taken on the venture of opening a pet store in las vegas and I now find myself spending all my time at the store. I would like to update everyone on some additions to the tank.
I added a Labouti Wrasse and a male Pink Square Anthia. My last addition is a Lineatus Wrasse and a Achilles Tang and it's stocked.

snakeblitz33

Congrats and good luck! Vegas is a great place to start. I hope your dreams come true. Im really happy for you man.

xcali1985

Thought I would let you guys and gals see some progress with my store....

-id="372309" data-type="61" src="https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/data/9/97/97d4c711_DSC03937.jpeg