240g in wall shallow reef build

J

jojo727

what's up J?
nice video, i noticed the wall above the front of the tank isnt finished...how's that working for you? i finished that area above my tank and now i'm having problems the corner that sits over the tank starting to seperate and exposing some of the drywall.

jpa0741

Originally Posted by JoJo727
http:///forum/post/3011099
what's up J?
nice video, i noticed the wall above the front of the tank isnt finished...how's that working for you? i finished that area above my tank and now i'm having problems the corner that sits over the tank starting to seperate and exposing some of the drywall.
No the back is not finished. I have had no problems with it at all. There is a 3" wide brace that runs along the front that helps sheild it.

M

mr.reef

could u give us ur stock list. or where i can find where it is.

jpa0741

This is the list as of today.
1 Pinktail trigger 6"
1 Bluejaw trigger 6"
1 Powder brown tang 5"
1 Sailfin tang 5"
1 Kole tang 2-3"(in frag tank, but part of same system)
1 Foxface 8"
1 Daimond goby
1 Algea blenny
1 Red scooter blenny
1 Green clown goby
1 Red velvet wrasse
1 Blue sided wrasse
1 Seagrass wrasse
1 Diadiema
1 Saddleback clownfish 4"
1 Bartlett anthias
2 Disbar anthias
1 Lyretail anthias
1 Sunburst anthias
4 Chromis
I think I got them all
I may add one more high end wrasse when I find the right one

king_neptune

No answer? or did I give a bad description.
Its right as you walk into the tank maintenance room under the table.
Walk in the door. Put your right hand on the table. Bend down. Look underneath to the far left line. AS it runs underneath the table towards the frag tank.
It is a long cylindrical tube with multiple lines in it. What is it?

jpa0741

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/3011648
No answer? or did I give a bad description.
Its right as you walk into the tank maintenance room under the table.
Walk in the door. Put your right hand on the table. Bend down. Look underneath to the far left line. AS it runs underneath the table towards the frag tank.
It is a long cylindrical tube with multiple lines in it. What is it?
Sorry. Just went back and looked at your original post. That is the UV.

J

jojo727

Originally Posted by jpa0741
http:///forum/post/3011343
No the back is not finished. I have had no problems with it at all. There is a 3" wide brace that runs along the front that helps sheild it.
do you mean a brace for the tank, like a eurobraced tank?
i may cover my tank and remove the piece drywall i'm having problems with along with 6" above the tank all the way across .

tlayne

I'm brand new here and just spent the last 2 hours reading your thread. I want to buy a 180g -200g tank. If space isn't an issue, would you say a shallow tank it better than a deeper one? I like how much surface area you have. I see some of your coral is almost growing out of the water. What happens then? I dont think I even need to tell you.. your tank if beautiful. Nice work

jpa0741

Haven't been around in a while and thought I would post a few update photos. Everything has been running great and is starting to fill in nicely.

Pic of frag tank

detane

Your Tank kicks Ass!!

I havent tried to frag any of my coral yet, what do you use to stick them to the rock? Also how do you frag? P.M. me yeah.. Thanks man.

nwdyr

tha tank looks terrible,,,,what happened....
NOT..whats up????? tank is stupid cool bad azzzzz
I needed some inspiration so I thought I would drop by. Now I feel like playin with me tank and getting my frag tank going! thanks for the kick in the &%$