280g FOWLR Tank Diary

kylev

Great point with the corals reefaholic I never really thought about that and I'm also looking forward to finally seeing this tank as well seems like ive been waiting forever to get it, but am real happy that I ended up getting it through tenecor

^ Well now I'm getting mad. But I had an idea. It would be sweet to put some NP corals in the middle of the L, like sun corals, chili corals etc etc. then I was thinking you could put just a couple LEDs on that area, just to enhance those corals.

kylev

O how I would love to say yes but no
now they are estimating next Monday or Thursday. Its done but just needs to be polished up, I'm not sure if theres another hobby that could do so well at testing your patience

kylev

Thats what Im hoping for, whats another week if ive allready been waiting around 4 months since I intially put money down with the original guy that flaked out

kylev

Im getting over 200 pounds of live rock off a buddy thats gonna be pretty grown over with algae, Im thinking of scrubbing it off and putting it into a garbage can with a pump and heater until my tank is ready, would this be the correct process?
Hes selling me a 75g bowfront with stand, sump, pumps, skimmer, power heads, nice T5 lighting and 200+ pounds of rock for 500 bucks

kylev

So now the tank is supposed to ship by the end of this month, damn delays.
I now have the LR in a 44g garbage can with a heater and pump turning the water around. The garabage can is basically full which makes me pretty happy to have a large jump on my LR stock.
I've been pondering the idea of switching out the blue face to a passer angel and then having the queen, passer, and emperor; any input on this being an allright combo?

spanko

Keep it dark in the garbage can with the rock. Do a water change each week and test for ammonia and nitrite. I would also scrub and rinse the rock each week at water change. Take out 1/2 the water and use it as the rinse after you scrub. Put the rock back int he garbage can then add new saltwater to top off the can.
JMO

kylev

Thanks for the advice spanko, sounds like a good plan. One more question though, my R/O unit isnt set up yet would tap water hurt to use for just the LR curing?
And I finally get to say the tank has been shipped and is on its way
I will post pictures upon arrival

kylev

So just my luck the tank was supposed to show up between 4-6 yesterday so I called the shipping company at 6 and the truck delivering it had broke down, so hopefully I will see it today.
edit: Now the tank wont show until tomorrow

kylev

yes i just got it about 20 minutes ago and it looks awesome. It looks much bigger than I thought it would but I am very happy. Tenecor built it with three openings on the top all with lids plus a cover for each overflow and even a feeding port. I am very happy with it, the only thing that I could complain about is the overflows are a little small. I have very bad internet service at home and my phone is not uploading pictures to great but I am working on posting a picture for everyone to see. The wait for the tank has definitely paid off.

kylev

I was waiting to get the tank before I built my stand, but I plan on doing a rough framing on the stand and then moving it in place then getting all the plumbing and what not in place, so that way I can add water and rock and do my final touches on the stand etc while the tank is cylcing so hopefully after this wknd I will have some pictures up on the tank in its final spot. I am very excited and have been waiting for this for way too long I have a perma smile on my face right now

kylev

thanks, I just cant wait for whats to come and am very happy to have about 200#'s of LR all ready to go