2Quills, 120G Re-build thread.

snakeblitz33

Yeah! Congrats on the new house! I know it probably doesn't mean much for an internet persona to say "I'm proud of yah." but I mean it - dude, you deserve it!
Now go get another small fortune and set this tank up ASAP! lol

2quills

Anybody want to come help me clean and acid wash the pool this weekend? It should be a loooooot of fuuuuuun!

fish master

Hey 2quills, I noticed when you started this thread you said you had to drill the tank and reseal it. Iam doing the exact same thing with a 90. wondering how the drilling went and do you have any tips. Also how did you do the overflow. I notice the return at the top of tank in one of your pictures but didnt notice the other line. did the resealling go smooth

2quills

Sorry, fishmaster, I missed your post...I've changed that plumbing around quite a bit but I don't think I have any updated pictures of it on hand just yet. I'll try and get you some a little later.
Update on the pool situation: Got the pool cleaned, acid washed and power washed. Gearing up for the first coat of epoxy paint today. Shawn, where ya at buddy? I need the epoxy master and his skills over here asap.

acrylic51

Looks good Corey......Wish I was there.....actually I could see myself painting myself into the center of the pool......

meowzer

BLAH.....what a mess....LOL.....BUT I bet it will be beautiful when you get it all fixed up
personally I'd hire someone

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/820#post_3508837
Looks good Corey......Wish I was there.....actually I could see myself painting myself into the center of the pool......

lol...I think we're going to start in the deep end and work our way to the shallow side so that we can jump out and finish from top side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///t/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/820#post_3508838
BLAH.....what a mess....LOL.....BUT I bet it will be beautiful when you get it all fixed up
personally I'd hire someone

Thanks, Lois!
It was going to cost a minimum of $3500-$5000 just to get the pool cleaned and painted. By next weekend I will have gotten the pool cleaned, acid washed, painted, cleaned tile, re-grouted tile, re-plumbed with new pump added, cleaned filter with new sand, and installed a new safety compliant drain, myself for all under $1500 with just a few weekends worth of my time.
That's part of the reason why we took this house for so cheap is that all major stuff is ound and all of the cosmetic work is actually pretty easy to do. So it turns out to be a great investment in the long run. Just takes a little diy spirit. :)

2quills

Ok, I lied. Epoxy painting the pool was not the easiest thing in the world for my back.

But the first coat is on and I'm gearing up for round 2 today.

And somewhere in the neighborhood there is bound to be a cat running around with little blue feet, from what I've discovered this morning

acrylic51

At least it wasn't epoxy setting up....Imagine the sight you would have gotten this morning seeing the "little kitty" embedded in nice thick epoxy.......
Thinking about it you might want to camp out tonight after the next coat and "plink" little kitty with the AR .......Just a thought, Bio might approve......

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/378912/2quills-120g-re-build-thread/820#post_3508940
At least it wasn't epoxy setting up....Imagine the sight you would have gotten this morning seeing the "little kitty" embedded in nice thick epoxy.......
Thinking about it you might want to camp out tonight after the next coat and "plink" little kitty with the AR .......Just a thought, Bio might approve......
The birds down here would have had a field day with that. :)