3 ft catshark, free to good home !

stingrayman

(95 Harley) Yes , I still have him.
(Robosapien) I bought a shark egg at the pet store 3 years ago. Hatched it and he`s still hangin` in there.

bellanavis

I am sorry you still have not found him a home, hes so cute. I would not be able to take him anyways, my tank is only as long as a 125, its really high, so its too short for him. Its a 380, but really tall, I would not want to stress him out.

stingrayman

that`s plenty big enough, my tank is 72 Long x24 Deep x30High 220 gallon
But didn`t you say you had an eel ?
`cause that won`t work unless it`s close to the same size as the shark.

stingrayman

don`t want to ship him.
I couldn`t guarantee he would be alive upon delivery.
besides, I`d have to pack him in at least 30 gallons of water,
he`s a big shark, it would be expensive to ship.

astross89

We are new to the hobby and will be getting our tank soon. We were wondering how you keep your live rock and tank looking so clean and clear?? It's absolutely beautiful and every tank we seem to see has growth on the rocks and algae. Sorry to get off the subject of your thread... good luck with your shark.

stingrayman

very large UV sterilizer keeps the tank really clean.
I have a 55 gallon ecosystem under the cabinet for filtration.
Thanks.

stingrayman

Ok , If anyone is seriously interested in taking this shark , please let me know.
Everyone keeps backing out.
Please , only serious people with at least a 220 gallon tank or larger,and no small fish or other critters. They will be fishfood.

psusocr1

hey
im still looking to help you out and im asking around who would liek to take him.. i would love ot take him but i really think him and my other male will fight wayy too much, but im still trying to helpo you out

stingrayman

Thanks, I didn`t hear from you. I sent 2 e-mails , I just figured you didn`t want it. He needs a good home. I thought about building him a pond but I just can`t afford it right now.

kolody117

i will take your shark and give hima good home.. i have a 180 gallon tank with only 2 other fish and an eel inside. If you still have him please e mail me at kolody76@comcast.net. I am willing to pick him up at your convienence.

psusocr1

i would love to do that but unfortunatly a standard 180 gallon tank wouldnt house this shark ..he wouldnt be able to turn around since a 180 is only 24 inches wide and the shark is over 36 inches...but its not my call and if he agrees i would love ot see him in person
im still also trying to find him a good home so hopefulyl one of us cand o it

stingrayman

24 inches wide is ok, my 220 is 72 inches long,30 inches high,and 24 inches wide. as long as the other 2 fish are big enough, well the eel could be a problem. he WILL eat small eels. The eel has to be the same size. close to 2 and a half to 3 ft long or it may be in danger. I wouldn`t want to see you lose your eel. This shark is big and will eat anything it can get away with.

kolody117

my tank has my chainlink moray, he is almost 3 feet long and almost 3 inches in girth, he is very mature and i think he will be fine with the shark. I can post pics of him if you and psusocr would like. the other fish i have an emporer angel that is maybe 10, 11 inches and a red snapper that is the same size. that shark cant open his mouth to fit them in. I can post pics this weekend so you can see. ( i need to borrow my sisters digital cam to take pics so bear with me)

stingrayman

The angel and the snapper will be fine. If the eel is that big,it should be ok.
With these fish there`s gonna be some serious aggression at dinnertime.