4month old 180 gallon SPS pics

sufunk2

very nice!
1) what is the orange and yellow fish in the right of the 4th pic? some kind of wrasse? Than is a really nice looking fish.
2)Do you have a full tank pic? am considering a 180 or a 225 to get 30" of width, not sure if i need that extra 6". would like to see how yours looks.
Thanks alot

euphoria

the orange/yellow fish is a candy hog wrasse
the yellow/bluish fish is some kind of a damsel, maybe a fiji devil damsel.

sufunk2

Sweet tank, am i right that its a 72x24x24?
if so,Do you find thats enough room for you? I want alot of corals also and am wondering if i should get the extra 6" of width on the tank? Its gonna make it REALLY hard to get a stand that size though, so not sure.
What do you think?
That tank is the reason all us "little tankers" dream of big tanks!!

euphoria

yes the tank is 6x2x2. If I could change its dimensions, I'd wish it was wider so I could get more depth in it. So if you get a chance to have a wider tank, go for it.

sufunk2

Oh man why did you have to tell me that?!?!?!?!?! I hate you now, lol

I had just convinced myself i dont need that extra space and just go the easy route and get the 180, now you got me questioning what i should do again

fishrule

I would have never guessed your Tank was only 4 Months Old...
Wow...
Nice Job!!!
What kind of equipment do you have running your tank? ***)

euphoria

Hey if you have the room and the $$$$$$ then go w/ a wider one. I wish I spent a bit more and got a wider tank. I'm satisfied w/ the length and height.
Equipment - closed loop system, 40 gallon fuge, fluval canister filter that runs lots of carbon, phosban phosphate reactor, ASM G4X protein skimmer, dripping kalkwasser, Aqua Logic temperature controller (hooked up to a 800w heater and a 1/3hp JBJ chiller), 2 Tunze Stream 6100 powerheads hooked up to a 7095 multicontroller, MH lights + VHO actinics.

sufunk2

Ive got the room, the $, well that may be another story

Yeah, thats what im afraid of, wishing i had that extra 6".
Didn't mean for that to sound perverted, lol.

fishrule

One more question, (anyone can answer this), what are the pretty blue fish swimming up top in the first pic?
Are they "Blue Reef Chromis" or Blue/Green Chromis???
I see them in schools all the time and I never can figure out what species they are, but I think I finally figured it out...
How many can be kept in a 100g tank? 3-5???

lemonpeel2

Depends on your inhabitants already in the tank. I mean i have 3 in my 40 gallon reef, with a clarkii and lemonpeel angel. All my water params are perfect except my nitrates which sometimes go up to like 3 - 4ppm. Those are green/blue chromis they look more blue because how the light is hitting them.

hot883

Originally Posted by EUPHORIA
Hey if you have the room and the $$$$$$ then go w/ a wider one. I wish I spent a bit more and got a wider tank. I'm satisfied w/ the length and height.
Equipment - closed loop system, 40 gallon fuge, fluval canister filter that runs lots of carbon, phosban phosphate reactor, ASM G4X protein skimmer, dripping kalkwasser, Aqua Logic temperature controller (hooked up to a 800w heater and a 1/3hp JBJ chiller), 2 Tunze Stream 6100 powerheads hooked up to a 7095 multicontroller, MH lights + VHO actinics.
Thats very AWESOME, I love it.
Can you post a couple of pics. of your closed loop system Please!!

sufunk2

Can't decide what i like better, your fish or your corals. Very nice!!!
Also, what is the orange fish above the yellow tang in pic #2?