5.5 Gallon nano Diary!!!!!!

mscenter58

well guys ive had my 20 long up for about 3 months and love the hoppy so i think i am going to set up a 5.5 nano as a mini reef.
I am going to use temporary cc
about 8 pounds of lr
and plan on putting some softies in there along with my 2 clown gobbies
Let me no what you think....

i dont think so. just use that water and after you put the stuff in wait a day or 2 and check the levels. if they are good get to work.

mscenter58

yea thats what i planned
well i just got done filling it up and putting the substrate in ill post pics if you want me to

rebelprettyboy

New water and used water doesnt have anything to do with a cycle. Bacteria doesnt live in the water, but on things such as rock, sand, sliter pads etc....

rebelprettyboy

N I wouldnt even start it off w cc. Might as well go buy some sand from pets mart. its like a 9.99 bag. Cheap and will work well. thats what I picked up for my 5.5 gal tank!!

nissan577

love your rockwork man! and no a frogspawn would not be to small for this tank. it will make it beautiful

mscenter58

haha thanks nissan im adding my pair of clown gobys do you think any other fish would be able to go in there or is that about it??

mscenter58

also guys i am getting my first frag of candy cane tomorrow very excited it will be going into my 20gal until sunday then it will be in my 5.5 along with my clown gobys