5.5 Gallon nano Diary!!!!!!

A

alexa11

In the aquarium thread lol! OR.....I'm MAGICAL and know many things

nissan577

ahh scary!!!!!!!!!!
lol. wow you remember! and your named is alexa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha i know your name!
we are dorks

A

alexa11

yes we are dorks in the midst of a dorkfest. I like to call my sw hobby a 'dorkfest' so that others can relate at some (less interesting or cool) level. IE they have 'dorkfests' with movies or video games. I like to have 'dorkfests' with corals and blogs about corals. It's absolutely awesome.

A

alexa11

haha! some people have 'dork-fests' with movies and video games. In my opinion, this is sillyness. WE have 'dork-fests- with sw tanks and corals. This is much more interesting and worth while!

nissan577

oh ok i got you now! lol i had to read it a couple times! yea idk why people play video games. they are so addicting and make you forgot about the outside world. i use to have the xbox 360 but that will be my dvd player! lol. i never played games! i hate them! it drives me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love saltwaterfish more than anything! and also i sold my 360

hey i was thinking about starting a little 5 gallon nano up in my dorm for something to look at when im bored. How much, if you dont mind my asking, is the set up you have running now? including tank filters lights ect? Just a ball park guess would be nice : D

well can you get a ten gallon?
the bigger the tank the better and i know my dorm only allows up to 10 gallons. my setup was
15$ for the tank
got my filter for free but you can get one for around 20-35$
lights for soft corals can be around 40-60$
and than live rock and sand
heater is 15-25$
so your looking at 90 to 110 to start it out (for a ten gallon)

hmm thats kinda the price i was hoping to spend. Im allowed to have up to 20 gallons so i wanted to do a 20 long but i dont trust my roomate to feed my stuff when im gone so i have a feeling id get a lot of corals in there then have him kill it all off one drunken evening. Where can i get lights for that?

mscenter58

if you do a 5 galloon the lights are way cheaper for corals mine was about 10$ and i also got my frags will post pics in a little while

mscenter58

idk i only plan on keeping some softies that require medium amout of flow but i am only keeping coral in my 5 gallon. i put a 10 gallon filter in the 5 gallon so i have decent flow in there