5.5 gallon

Haely

So I have an empty 5.5 gallon tank that I upgraded my betta out of, I was wondering if I could put a couple inverts and a clown goby in it?

silverado61

5.5 gallon tanks are extremely difficult to keep stable simply because in that small of an environment bad things can and do happen very fast. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's usually only attempted by highly experienced aquarists. The larger the water volume, ideally 75g at least and higher, the slower things change and the better chance of catching it before it reaches the danger point and can be corrected.

Haely

5.5 gallon tanks are extremely difficult to keep stable simply because in that small of an environment bad things can and do happen very fast. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's usually only attempted by highly experienced aquarists. The larger the water volume, ideally 75g at least and higher, the slower things change and the better chance of catching it before it reaches the danger point and can be corrected.
Yeah, I have a 75gal and a 40gal saltwater, my only freshwater is the 10gal that my betta Peggy is in.

Jesterrace

A 5.5 could work for inverts and possibly a small goby, but for the amount of effort in maintaining it you might as well pass.