55gal pics wanted!

jayc

I'm setting up a 55gal and want some ideas for it. So can anyone with a 55gal aquarium post some pics of it for me.
Thanks JayC

E

exile415

teresa whats that blue bin you have in your tank ? is it a JAIL for the naughty ! :cheer:

fishhead81

Originally Posted by Zev
I have just set up my tank but I am very happy with the rock work so far......
I just set up my 55g as well and liked how your back-glass looks tinted, is it black tinted or some other type of tint? thanks :happyfish

zev

Not tinted just taped up a black background. I was going to spray paint the back glass but I live in a third floor apartment and did not want to carry the tank outside.....who knew a 55 gal was so heavy

thanks for the tank comments....I don't have as much rock as others but I really did not want a crowded looking tank....especially when there is only rock

jayc

Originally Posted by Zev
I have just set up my tank but I am very happy with the rock work so far......
Your tank is looking good.
Thanks for posting it. Are them PC your using?

E

exile415

hey zev , i see youk have a cpr back-pak. hows yours running? i love these bakpaks

zev

jayc: yup, they are 4x65 pc....it the odyssea light the only problem with them is that they only came with one plug, so I had to rewire them for two plugs to use timers.
exile415: Good eyes, that is a cpr bakpak picked it up off another forum for $50, I intended on getting an in sump skimmer but the price was right for the cpr. As far as how I feel about it, I guess that I am still in the break in period (thats what I've be told at least) because it is releasing hundreds of micro bubbles in to the tank.....do you have this problem?

jayc

Very nice tank Junkiebeas!
I love the rock work. Do you mind me asking what kind of lighting you are using?

E

exile415

I've had it.. let it run for about 2-3 weeks and it'll break it and it won't have so much bubbles.

E

exile415

junkiebeas you havea yellow tang,sailfin and a blue tang in a 55?

junkiebeas

Nop. They are:
Yellow Tang
Silfin Tang
Hippo
Naso(Female)
Scopas Tang
Chevron Tang
Purple Tang
Brown Caribbean Tang
:jumping:

jayc

Hey Junkiebeas, can you get some closeups of your tank?
Anyone else with 55gal or similar size tanks fell free to post em.

hot883

Hi Junkiebeast, Awesome tank. Would send a pic of my 55 but it's 3 days old. So far I have 40lbs. crushed coral, 20lbs white sand and 15 of black sand. The 1st thing living I put in when it cleared was 2 live rocks, 5 lbs. each. HA! My calcium level is almost none so am adding calcium by the 1/4 tsp each day. Am I on the right track so far?