720 gal

zemuro114

where is the overflow box located??? where does the water come from when it is brought to the tank? in the black column? you hide everything and i wish to do the same thing.. i want a walk around tank....

falconred

we do not use a closed loop on this tank . the overflow box is just that water runs through it down to sump . main tank water is pumped back @ a rate of 5000 gph another punp 5000 gph runs skimmer, sand bed one more punp runs uv 800 gph really a easy system. this is a shot of sand bed

falconred

two shops one side we make eveything other side is our aquarium side it really is nice you pick a system then go to wood shop side pick out color wood oak, maple, cherry walnut the real deal .then we build your system turn key with set up

condork12

How tall is the fsb filter? How many lbs of sand? I built myne out of 6in pvc and am currently using about 20lbs of sand. It is about 4.5ft tall.

tony detroit

Falconred,
What do you think of the micron socks, I'm thinking about losing the drip plate/floss pad on my reef and going over to those. Think it is worth it, it's goin to be a 4 hour project or so?

tony detroit

1. large rubbermaid tub, like feeding troughs at tractor stores
2. power inverter
3. powerhead
4. heater(titanium)
5. some type of lid
6. bottle of amquel in case car breaks down
7.battery air pump in case number 6 happens
Do a search for username MattieJ he had a nice tub he made to transport sharks, I think it had a skimmer in it too.
I think I read somewhere you can anesthetize them too for periods of time to chill them out a bit, but not positive on that, and wouldn't be first in line to try it either:rolleyes:

jal1639

15k LOL
I found a 1/2 circle tank with a 14' X 40" viewing widow. That is 2600 gallons. For 10K.
Tank measures 15'6" x 7'9" x 4'.

zemuro114

the tank alone cost 10K. keep in mind this is turn key 15K. tank, stand canopy, filtration. a stand for that size circular tank and hood, filtration would easily be another 10K