75 gallon tank build!

xandrew245x

Thanks for the info, if I go away for any extended period of time I wanted to be able to shut the water off to it jut in case.

That's kinda the thought I was having. I wanted to have a solid shut off valve before the RO unit so I wouldn't have to worry about anything. Especially since I have a hall closet right next to the spare bath. Just the other side of the wall is the sink and I plan on hooking up to the water there. Didn't want to take a chance of springing a leak in a closed closet.

snakeblitz33

Well, sure you can. If you have an emergency and need to cut it off quick, that's a good emergency tool to use. I think most saddle valves can be completely cut off.

xandrew245x

Put together my stock list!
Pair of clowns
green clown goby
flame angel
schooling bannerfish
scissortail dartfish
orchid dottyback
reef chromis

xandrew245x

Thats a list of fish me and my fiance both like :t^: Worked out pretty good, it just so happen that we each got 3 fish we wanted, plus one that we both liked (flame angel)
Update though: Order an ato system finally, can't wait to get it, also order some filter socks and 60 pounds of sand for my display refuge. Still working on my led light design.

icedtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x http:///t/389883/75-gallon-tank-build/200#post_3458964
Order an ato system finally, can't wait to get it, also order some filter socks and 60 pounds of sand for my display refuge. Still working on my led light design.
Hey Andrew,
I know we talked about ATO's in some of our pm's. What one did you end up going with or is it a DIY setup?

E

eric b 125

Iced: I use a tunze osmolator and am very happy with it (not that you were asking me).

xandrew245x

Hey Andrew, 
I know we talked about ATO's in some of our pm's. What one did you end up going with or is it a DIY setup?
I ended up ordering a float and controller system off of ***********, I already have a small pump, so all I needed was the float system. Going to put the pump in a 5 gallon bucket under my stand and let it do the rest, will just have to fill up the bucket once or twice a week, depending on how full the bucket can be without a siphoning problem

sweatervest13

Eric,
I am going to pull the trigger on one of these very soon. I heard that they don't disappoint, even with the high price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B 125 http:///t/389883/75-gallon-tank-build/200#post_3458972
Iced: I use a tunze osmolator and am very happy with it (not that you were asking me).
Andrew,
The tank is coming along real nice. I like the fish list. You will like the movement that the chromis provide. How many are you thinking? I tried a flame angle a few weeks ago from my LFS. It did not make it 24 hours, it looked bad before I started to acclimate it to the QT. Next time I am going to order online to get the 14 day guarantee.

xandrew245x

Eric, 
I am going to pull the trigger on one of these very soon.  I heard that they don't disappoint, even with the high price tag. 

Andrew,
The tank is coming along real nice.  I like the fish list.  You will like the movement that the chromis provide.  How many are you thinking? I tried a flame angle a few weeks ago from my LFS.  It did not make it 24 hours, it looked bad before I started to acclimate it to the QT.  Next time I am going to order online to get the 14 day guarantee. 
I'm thinking maybe two chromis, the flame angel is my absolute favorite, I'm getting a pair of clowns first, and the flame angel is defiantly going to be the next one I get. I'm going to order mine too online, I like the 14 day guarantee.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x http:///t/389883/75-gallon-tank-build/200#post_3458980
I'm thinking maybe two chromis, the flame angel is my absolute favorite, I'm getting a pair of clowns first, and the flame angel is defiantly going to be the next one I get. I'm going to order mine too online, I like the 14 day guarantee.
I would do 3 chromis. They tend to like to be in odd numbers (from my research at least). I started with 7 and only 5 made it out of QT. I LOVE the flame angels, the colors are just so bright and they pop in any tank. I don't think that they are not hardy, I think that the LFS just got a couple of bad ones. I had the guy get 4 out in the little catch boxes they use to look them over better and thougtht I choose the best one. But nope, they wife is still giving me a hard time about spending $50.00+ on a fish that lasted like 18 hours.

xandrew245x

I would do 3 chromis.  They tend to like to be in odd numbers (from my research at least).  I started with 7 and only 5 made it out of QT.   I LOVE the flame angels, the colors are just so bright and they pop in any tank.  I don't think that they are not hardy, I think that the LFS just got a couple of bad ones.  I had the guy get 4 out in the little catch boxes they use to look them over better and thougtht I choose the best one. But nope, they wife is still giving me a hard time about spending $50.00+ on a fish that lasted like 18 hours. 
sorry for your fishy friends :(
I'm going to order my fish online, the site i'm going to get them from has a 14 day guarantee.
Also, in the process of getting my lights for my refugium going to use a clip on light with a 23w cfl at 5100k

xandrew245x

Speak of ATO system, I heard that the water level in your reservoir has to be the same as the water level in your sump because of siphoning, is there a way, like drilling a small hole in your line right above the water level in the reservoir, to break the siphon?

xandrew245x

Update: Check my ammonia and nitrite yesterday
My ammonia has dropped back down to somewhere between 0 and .25
My nitrite is still .10