75 plus

tthemadd1

So in the past few days my cycle has completed. Everything is looking great and the CUC is doing their job. Diatoms and algae have bloomed slightly. You can see the trail left of clean rock. Had to move corals back to DT to deal with a spike in the emergency tank. No fish in the display tank and my LFS is going to copper treat two snowflake clowns, coral beauty, and a potters wrasse. Those will be the only inhabitants going forward.
Ill add them one at a time to manage the nitrate cycle.
After this week I think I could add a few more cleaners. So far snails only to manage the blooms.

tthemadd1

So it's been 23 days since moving everything out of the main tank, doing a much needed spring cleaning, cycling, and reintroduction of corals and anemones.
No fish yet. Still waiting on some more inverts to come in. Turbos have wiped out any hair algae bloom, diatoms have passed and I am getting some nice patches of coraline algae starting to work through the rock. I'm stoked the rock is going to purple up instead of go pink at least so far.
In all very happy with the decision to gut the whole tank. I think the washing of the sand bed has made a huge impact on nitrates and phosphates in all.
Corals have all perked up. I am also seeing a good amount of sludge in my skimmer which tells me my water circulation is good. I am seeing some dunes but the change is kinda cool. I just bat it down once a week and watch it move into new designs.
[/IMG]

tthemadd1

Thanks the tank is really moving along nicely. Can't wait for the coraline to cover the rocks as well as seeing all the softies spread out.
There is something relaxing about maintaining the equilibrium between growth and health.

tthemadd1

Thanks. I think old tank syndrome was really septic sand. Too much waste blocking out the ability for the critters to keep it cycling ou of the system. Also the fully functioning skimmer is a huge bonus.
Next on the list is the algae in the fuge. I'm hoping to pull the phosphates down further. I'm sitting at .5 so not bad but could better.
Last is to actually add a fish soon. LOL.

tthemadd1

I had a good one of the anemones eating but I chopped it while uploading to YouTube the first time on my iPhone. Great app is Imotion that will take snaps as often as to set and great when clamped to a stand.

tthemadd1

Question on my montipora. I'm guessing the white edge is new growth? I put them in a week ago and the broken edge on one is starting to fill in already.