750.gal also NEED IDEAS ALSO!!!!!!

E

eric b 125

i think it's a bit odd that a while back you posted that your clowns were breeding and you couldnt afford a breeder tank and yet you claim to be getting a massive tank that will require reinforcing the floors in your house.
we'd be more than happy to help you, but i think you need to help us understand these outlandish stories before we volunteer our time.

M

mr.reef

amen cranberry... well on the other hand lordlion a shark tank would be beastly... i have to say.. of a ray tank if its wide enough and there has to be alot of sand room.. that would be cool..

cranberry

Originally Posted by Eric B 125
http:///forum/post/3002052
we'd be more than happy to help you, but i think you need to help us understand these outlandish stories before we volunteer our time.
I guess I just answer questions I want to and ignore the ones I don't want to. Every thread you're involved in is an opportunity to learn something... even if the tank is a just a virtual one.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3002044
Why are we beating up on this kid? He's asking questions. He's not being disrespectful. He wants us to help him with his stock list. I don't get it?
I completely agree here.
People, if you think that lordlion is being dishonest then don't post here. I don't know if he is telling the truth or not, but he is here asking for help. Please stop calling people liars, insulting peoples intelligence, grammar, etc. There is absolutely no reason for it. Be helpful or stay out of it!

steve102571

I went from a 220g to a 750g FO aggressive set up and I have about $8500 in mine and I don't even have any LR. I only have approx $500 in acrylic rock. The point is that 750g becomes very expensive, very quickly, so pick your fish carefully. I had 2 banded sharks and 2 rays in my 220 and that was ALL I could put in it b/c of capatibility issues. For this reason, I would stay away from rays and sharks. IMO, the really cool sharks are the ones that will eventually outgrow your tank. The suitable ones are pretty lazy and uneventful until time to feed. The same can be said of lions For this reason, I would go with triggers, wrasses, etc Also with a tank this large, be prepared to go through the cash on water changes. Good luck

Originally Posted by LordLion
http:///forum/post/3001288
All I no is, yes it is hardwood floor but were bracing it up with steel bars alot of them. Also in 1 to 2 monthes we will be getting the aquarium along the way getting the equipment i'ts going to be a 200 gallon sump or a large canistar filter and I don't know what type of skimmer I need to ask that other guy who has a 750 but I need to ask this other person on another site who has a 4,000.gal aquarium for advice to. Alot of live sand and live rock and it's going to be like a real reef in the middle there will be a huge centerpeice and on the sides a real reef structure but with fake corals. I've eliminated on the fish volatain lionfish, copper banded butterfly for now, chainlink eel, nurse shark, green moray eel. But I definitly know i'm getting porcupine puffer, sailfin tang, HI black trigger, clown trigger, niger trigger, undaltualed trigger, brown naso tang, snowflake eel, emperator angel, bluface angel, quenn angel, unicorn tang, squrril fish, bicolor parrot fish, leaf fish, parrot fish princess, sand flounder, school of heniochus, yellow tangs, 3 frog fish maybe, powder blue tang, purple tang, spotted sweetlips, majestic angel, 3 look downs, hippo tang, maybe 3 marron clownfish or cinnamon clowns. Tell me if this is a good list.

Why are you thinking about getting parrots? I would also get rid of that undulated trigger, they are really aggressive, I have seen one kill and start eatting a large harlequin tusk, and unless I am wrong I though that flounders were temperate water fish, I catch them on vaction in altlantic city,NJ... I think you need to do more reasearch and put this aquarium off for like 6 months and do some reading.

runn3rb3an

I'm 15 and I'm not trying to start problems or anything but just because you are young doesn’t mean you cant take care of a fish tank and do well in school or anything like that. I actually think it may be easier in some ways to take care of tanks when you’re younger because you have a lot more free time and you are not working. You have more time to research everything in my opinion too. I take care of 3 tanks by myself and also have close to a 4.0 and take ap classes so I don’t really understand why you would need to show that off to begin with. Its not like by not taking ap you magically get more time which enables you to get a bigger tank, but I really have no problem managing my tanks (I know its nowhere close to a 750) and doing well in school. A trip to the lfs every other week is all it takes in my opinion

locoyo386

"touché" tushay
Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/3002141
I completely agree here.
People, if you think that lordlion is being dishonest then don't post here. I don't know if he is telling the truth or not, but he is here asking for help. Please stop calling people liars, insulting peoples intelligence, grammar, etc. There is absolutely no reason for it. Be helpful or stay out of it!
Trully the words of a wise person.

small triggers

I think if your mom is willing to shell out the money,, get the best you can get. I wouldnt neccessarily go with a 750 just because of the cost of everything together, but a 450-500 is more managable and afforable. I have set aside $15,000. in my home build for a 600-900g tank, plumbing, electrical and equipment (oh and its really hard to talk a

[hr]
broker into understanding why you want to spend that much money, lol). I personally started with a 12g, then a 35g, now a 150g. My only suggestion would be to maybe do a 250ish first and see how much work/maintenance it takes.

rdub62

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman http:///forum/post/3001980
I did some reading here... your stories are really conflicting to say the least. Your profile says you have a 55g, then in another thread you talked about a 235g, and then finally you claim in this thread
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/350083/so-happy-and-so-sad
that you have a 265 gallon tank.
Grouper that died that you said came in a piece of a LR in one thread and in another you said you got it from your LFS and didn't know it was sick.
So what is the truth here?
yeah i don't believe this kid for a second.
at first i was happy for him thinking of the possibilites...but his contradictions should be put in the world record book.
not to mention a panther grouper in live rock...
anyways before i believe anymore from this user i would like to see a picture of him standing next to it with a signed piece of papper.
i'm thinking maybe his parents or family or family friend (someone he knows) may have these tanks he speaks of and he just forgets what he's posted in the path. it's funny if you ask me...

B

bigtankbigfish

Originally Posted by Eric B 125
http:///forum/post/3001968
get a 125 or 240 to get your hands wet, learn some things about the hobby and what it's like to take care of moderately sized tanks. rather than getting the floors reinforced and getting an imaginary canister filter, get a smaller tank to figure out this hobby and with the change, go throw some dubs on your car or something.
LMAO!!

if your mom is just giving cash away forget the tank get something functional, like a car, or a HOUSE!! Good lord. All my mom did when I set up a 30 reef in my room was hand me the electric bill.

sepulatian

Being that this poster has not been on in quite some time, I feel that there is no need for this thread to continue in this negative manner.
Before you all start calling people out for things that may or may not be false, please stop and think... No wonder he left.