8 Month Old 55 Gallon Tons Of Pics!

fedukeford

i tried to pick the rocks with the most coriline possile so i would have better growth (the tank is close 2 9 months now)

nwrogers

Hi Jordan:
The tank looks nice! How are the zoos doing? Have they opened up yet? Let me know about that sump…
Nate

drewdog82

I am relativelly new to working on salt water fish. I also have a 55 gallon tank and was given some bad advice to start w/out live rock, but I am going to now get some. Did you also use live sand? What is an amiracle mini quad? Do you have a protein skimmer?

fedukeford

yes i have live sand, and the amiracle mini quad is my skimmer,
nate- the zoos are doing great, im trying to get them to grow on this rock, and i acceidentally deleted the pic of the sump so im trying to get the guy to send me another 1

noob101

very nice tank

got a ?
what is that growing below ur orange shroom in third set of pics first pic
aptasia?
just wondering cause i got a rock with a bunch of little ones growing on it and haven't been able to figure out what they are

cabin7882

:happyfish What's your secret on having such a beautiful tank in such a short amount of time with such little experience? I would love to have a tank like that! I only have a 46 gal tank and it has been running for only 4 months bt I would lov to start adding live coral and anenomes and LR. If you have secrets please share! Why do you have a glad ware container in your tank?

fedukeford

thanks, i really have no secrets, i just buy more corals because i get mostly frags to start out with, also i think a skimmer is great to have on a reef, my water clearness has gone up A TON since getting a skimmer, the gladware containers were to hold frags (i have now started a 10 gallon propogation tank)

lemonpeel2

Hey fedukeford, Nice tank man. How is that fluval treating ya..... I can't stand mine!!!!! It such a pain in the -$$ to clean. I'm seriously about one more cleaning away to just tosing that wretched thing.Anyways............Great Tank

fedukeford

i think my fluval is the best thing for my tank ive ever bought, how often do you clean yours , i clean mine about evry 1 1/2 months

fedukeford

i do to, you just have to prime it for like a minute straight and it will work, i got a new coral rock today, its like a 5 lb rock with 150+ brown/ purple zoos, 7 kenya trees, and 5 hairy shrooms for $40!!

fedukeford

it was from my moms coworker, he alwasy has great deal, he was moving stuff from a 75 into a 125 and he wanted to do mostly SPS so he was selling most all his softies fo like $40 per 9-10 inch rock

fishfryer

love your tank. i see you have been up and running many months and everything flurishing. the question is how come nobody says hey :thinking: your lights are only 260w pc. is this correct, or do you have different lights? i have been going crazy to figure what type to get for my 55g 18inch depth tank .

fedukeford

yup only 260 watts of PC, and everything is flourishing, mostly softies but i do have an orage cap, a brown LPS, and a frogspawn

fedukeford

heres a few pics i took today
full tank shot

new coral rock

hairy shrooms on the rock

10 gallon frag tank with 96 watts of PC, and a emperor 400

fedukeford

left side of tank

right side of tank

in the tank i have :
2 purple shrooms
fire and ice zoos