84 gal before and after build

fishkid13

Ok so I hope the pictures work this time.
Anyway I had a 84gal set up for a year or so and it was going through alot of problems so I torn it down
and rebuilt some things and added on to the system.
Tank:
W: 15"
L: 72"
H: 18"
Stand: (new)
W: inside 18 1/2" outside(or trim) 20"
L: inside 72 1/2 outside 74"
H: 25 1/2"
Attachment 219497
After empted tank, and is out of line. Will try to post more pictures and information later.
Any comments?Thanks.

fishkid13

The tank had aiptasia(spelling?) all over, hair algae and a parasite infection(don't know which kind). So long story short, most of the fish died(expect my Pygmy angle
)). Ok to the building part.
I had about $100(
) to use on the build, but I have nice parnets and they paid for another hunderd or so.
I used some of the wood from the old stand and got some new lumber.
List:
2- 8' 4x4
1- 6' pineboard to go under the first one I had. Saves money than buying a whole new board.
5- 8' trim.
1- 24"x 72" (cut to make doors.)
3- 2x8's
misc....
hinges (piano,90's)
PVC pipe (lots)
PVC 90's, T's, Ball value, hosing, etc.....
1-sheet aryclic (overflow)
1-bag play sand ( anybody want to comment?)
Had:
amircale wet/dry sump w/ everything.
U.V Clarifer
ballest
90lb base rock( was live but let if dry to kill everything)
70lb sand (above)
1200 maxi jet
queit one 3100
etc....

fishkid13

Originally Posted by Life~Reefer
http:///forum/post/2956830
Can't wait to see it with fish!
What were you planning?
What is your stock list?
I want a peaceful tank with small fish and a big show case fish.
I don't really know yet.
Anybody have any ideas, p.s has to go with pygmy angel. Thanks everyone

clownfish11

i wouldnt put that angel in the new tank..if he has the infection he could introduce it back into your tank, and it would mean you wasted all your time tearing it down and rebuilding it....just my opinion

fishkid13

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2959028
i wouldnt put that angel in the new tank..if he has the infection he could introduce it back into your tank, and it would mean you wasted all your time tearing it down and rebuilding it....just my opinion
Ya, my pygmy angle was the only one that didn't show signs of it, but just in case I put some RALLY in the tank a few times to help kill it. it was about a mouth plus when I introduced the angel into the main tank and I haven't seen any signs of any unwanted parasites. Thanks Clown and everyone else.

fishkid13

OK as I forgot to say in the last picture post....
I have 3 post (sides, middle) between the 2x4's to support the right, middle and left side of the tank. The down side of doing this way is it leaves very little room to work with. The top board is from my old stand just turned upside down so the stain doesn't show. ( chepo I know but I don't have $$)
I used a poloy urathain(spelling) to coat the inside from water.
Any comments?
OK I was at school and checking my email ( durning lunch!, I follow the rules)
and my mom sent me a email saying her pump on her tank died.
See has a few fish (firefish, yellow watchmen (baby), chromis,scooter blenny) and need to put them in my tank so they wont die. I am going to put them in because I don't want them to die, which they could anyways
, but will this affect the bioload to much?

Any comments on this and by the way my tanks has been cycling for a little more than four weeks know and my angle in there just the other day is doing great. Thanks

fishkid13

The sanding took foever like a few minutes.
. sorry I am in a laughing mood. Anyway I used 40g to take off most of the dents and even the boards together. Then down to 60, 80, and finally 120. In all it took about four days to sand it right and wood putty it. I used elmer's wood putty.
Attachment 220048
More pictures of stand before staying. Tell me what you think. Thanks.
Attachment 220049
Attachment 220050