A ~19,000 Gallon Fish Tank

grmreapr

my god man !!!!!!!! I love what you have done it unique and unusual
as for me Iwould be getting some sharks in there
but thats just me.

nahham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill again68 http:///forum/thread/368655/a-19-000-gallon-fish-tank/140#post_3298320
Looks like some great flow. Is the flow one directional or do you have alternating flow?
There are currently two props in the tank making 72,000 gph each. They are both running at the moment but it will be alternating with some overlap when I get the controller configured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmreapr
http:///forum/thread/368655/a-19-000-gallon-fish-tank/160#post_3302544
my god man !!!!!!!! I love what you have done it unique and unusual
as for me Iwould be getting some sharks in there
but thats just me.
I'm looking for some sharks. The common ones here are black-tip and I'm hoping to get a 2 - 3 feet one in there. :)

nahham

Some pictures while outside and inside the tank. All the photos are untouched; just resized.The lamps are just what the MHs came with, planning to change these to 20,000K soon.

While snorkelling in the tank:

Some unidentified objects:

Next project: DIY Skimmer.. :)

nahham

It has been a while since my last 'proper' update. Here we go:
  • The flooring is 'nearly' done. I mostly like how it looks/feels.
  • The columns are up awaiting the arrival of the shading material.
  • I'm having some trouble with the fish farm: there is a leak that require the draining of the fish farm to fix. The problem with that is that the 'turnover' circulation has to be closed off for a couple of days. I don't think it will be a problem but I'm worried nonetheless.
    Because of the previous point, I have to pump new water every day (somewhere around 5000 - 6000 gallons or so) which is not allowing the water to clear. When I stop pumping new water, the water clears pretty well, but then the water level in the fish farm becomes dangerously low.
    Nearly (Everything?!!) is automated and connected to the Profilux 3 ex. Even the pump that adds new water once a day for an hour is connected to the controller. The lights and props are also connected and working properly. My requirements are fairly simple though..
Enough with the text, now for the photos:

An overview picture of the project.

Another overview picture of the project.

A picture from the centre. Now imagine having the shades up, at night, lights on either side, and the tank is well lit.

A view of the seating area and 'stairs'.

A profile of the lights hanging over the tank. We lowered the lights a bit but it still does not interfere with the viewing from the top.

The entrance to the equipment bunker. It is a good 3x3 meters. Too bad the ceiling is a bit low.

A shot of all the wiring.

The shading over the fish farm.

The fish in the fish farm.

A nice shot of my favourite fishes in the tank.

Another shot of my favourite fishes in the tank.