Acros 20gal Long

acroshark

well sadly my smaller clown didnt make it! the medium sized one is doing great! i think the stress of the drive home was too much for him! ok so im wanting to get more stuff for my tank! mainly some more corals! this is what im wanting to order but i was wondering if it is too much to add at once?
1 Brain Coral "moon"
1 Orange plate coral
1 branching hammer
1 yellow gorgonia
1 royal gramma
1 blue spot goby
1 feather duster
if its too much what should i hold back on? and could someone please ID those zoas i posted the other day or should i get a clearer pic of them?
thanks
ps: il get a new fts up tomorow!

acroshark

ok so i decided to hold back on the DIY top-off for now! decided i could control the top-ups manually for now and rather get the tank aquascaped and stocked before i added the top-off! I added a HOB filter packed with carbon a few days ago to try clear up my water...and boy has it done its job! note the difference from my 1st set of pics! well here are some pics....enjoy!
already some growth of my Kenya Tree

Toadstool with polyps blooming

Zoas, Red Mushroom and Red Acan

Zoas and Fluffy Green Mushroom

Nem, Green Ric, Zoas and GSP

My only fish..False Perc

and again..

hanging out by the nem..do they host pink tips?

finally a FTS..excuse the salt on the back glass!

let me know what you think! should i paint the back glass? if so, with what? please dont say paint!

vmartino

nice tank! i would just put a black background on the back instead of painting it. that was in case you decided you dont want the paint you can just peel that baby off. also, you should get those xenia up on a rock so they can start spreading!

acroshark

i had 2 colonies of xenia and put the one up on the rocks! in like 2 days the whole colony had broken up and died! so i decided to leave the other in the sand! it has started spreading on the rock that its on! do they need to be in strong flow?

acroshark

ok so ive ordered some more stuff from swf.com which should be here on friday!! oh the excitement!! :)
so this is what in getting..
1. Pygmy Angel
2. Royal Gramma
3. Green Closed Brain Corel
4. Orange Plate Coral
5. Frogspawn Coral
6. Coral Banded Shrimp
cant wait to get them!

acroshark

yea i know its alot of stuff fast but ive been monitoring my parameters and how the corals etc are behaving in the tank! everything is looking great so my guess is the tank can handle the new additions! my last purchase was this big and there were no problems!
one thing about the lps corals..is feeding them on phytoplankton every other day or so ok? or should i be feeding something else?
thanks guys

acroshark

ok so must i just place some shrimp chunks on it when its feeder tenticles are out? never had a plate before so im clueless!

acroshark

ok so my order arrived this morning and after a good 4 hours acclimation everything is in the tank and is looking good! im just a bit concerned about the royal gramma..its kinda just hiding out in the rocks be very slow and subdued!
so what did i get..
1)Pygmy Angel
2)Royal Gramma
3)Coral Banded Shrimp
4)Frogspawn(3 heads)
5)Orange Plate Coral
6)Green Closed Brain Coral
next week sometime i' ll be getting a yellow watchman goby to finish up my fish list..i' m happy with the corals i have there are just a few corals i must have that i will be getting over time! for now i' m just going to sit back and watch the tank mature!
here are some pics..
Pygmy Angel

Coral Banded Shrimp(sorry for bad picture)

Orange Plate Coral

Frogspawn

Brain

Top down view of brain

FTS

hope you enjoy

K

kat74

Wow, your entire order looks great!!

The frogspawn looks nice and healthy too! The orange plate coral, I've never seen quite that shape before, but it's unusual and unique for sure!~

And the brain, I don't believe that it's a "closed" brain coral. It looks like an open brain to me... like a wellsophylia. It IS gorgeous though!~

acroshark

i also thought it was an open brain but swf.com said it was a green closed brain so..im actually not too concerned what it is..it looks great! as for the plate i was surprised when i opened the packet and found that inside..first i thought it might be some type of encrusting sps but then realised woah its a plate coral!
as with the frogspawn..does anyone know how to get them to spread? on the branch there are two dead heads and im wanting them to spread and repopulate the dead heads! how can i achieve this?