Acros 20gal Long

rebelprettyboy

I LOVE ZOAS!! and dat plate coral is sweet lookin. also id watch out for the nem it seems likes its gettin biggger and happieer everyday. make sure it doesnt startin stingin the frogspawn

acroshark

yea il be keeping an eye on the nem! i have only secured the frogspawn loosly to the rock so i can always move it! i already had to move some of my zoas and ric off that rock because of the nem!

acroshark

Ok so i have had this small tank(not sure of dimensions or volume) lying around for quite a while and i have been questioning turning it into either a top-off system or a small frag tank! So after about 2 weeks of debating yesterday my dad and I set about building the frag tank.
Here is the design...

Im just waiting for the silicone to cure and then il do a leak test and post some pictures! Im still a bit uncertain on 2 issues..
1) I have no idea what lighting to use! im thinking of using 2 or 3 Mini Compact 50/50 Bulbs..10watts each but they say they produce 50w!
2)What should i use as frag racks? i have a bunch of excess glass i can silicone into place or is egg crate a better option?
any help would be appreciated! thanks

flricordia

Looks good so far. Are you sure the tank is 20long? If it is 36" long and looks like 12 depth and at least 18 high it would be a 30gl at least. A 20 long is 30"x12"x12"

acroshark

rvsbandit thats exactly what i was aiming at..an all in one setup! Didnt want any HOB equipment and i wasnt in the mood to drill and sump such a small tank!
Flric i think you are right!! I dragged this tank half way across the world from south africa and i have not converted the dimensions from centimeters to inches yet! Going to have to measure it sometime! Its just short of 36" i think as my light fixture is 36" and its slightly long for the tank!
So ive sorted the shelving out in a very very very cheap manner! NO SHELVES! :) All i did was cut up a few soda bottles, filled them up with some aragonite and place them on the bottom of the frag tank! Its not filled yet as im goning to crush up some LR tomorow from my DT to add to the frag tank for filtration and i also need to get a few more things!
Any ideas on lighting i could use on the frag tank? Here are some pics...

acroshark

ok so i have not posted for a while so here's an update on the tank.....
well over the last 14days I have added all the fish i want to keep in the tank! I purchased a Bangaii Cardinal and Yellow Watchman Goby and I
bought a mushroom rock of Frilly Green Mushrooms...
Bangaii

Yellow Watchman

Green Frilly Mushrooms

FTS(as of 04/24/08)

I also did my first frag about 4 days ago! fragged a head off of my frogspawn! seems to be doing well! i will be fragging some more corals in early may so il be creating a thread in the live selling&trading forum soon!
On the frag tank i setup! its got nothing in it at the moment! just the LR rubble and water from my DT and some sand and it also has no lights! The tank is only about 8-10 inches tall so could i get away with running PC lighting on there?
thanks..comments and thoughts would be appreciated